Thread: Which Mk6 R, thoughts

Users Country Flag

Which Mk6 R, thoughts

Hi all

I知 in the market for a used car and I知 looking at a MK6 R 2012 my13 models.

Two I知 looking at one has 117000k痴 but has 120k service, VW Timing was completed @ 105k痴. New DSG and Mechatronics @ 90k痴. it also comes with adaptive suspension, leather and Dynaudio sound system.

The other has 71000k's non leather and all services up to date, standard car.

It's always good to have a car with less k's but the one with the higher k's has had the important things done and there's obviously no way of knowing when things may go pop!

I'm not really fussed on the extras of the first R but always good to have. I'm more wanting a mechanically sound machine.

Thanks in advance

Have you checked them out?
    For me this would come down to price, and comparative condition of cars.
    Although that's almost a difference in 50,000 clicks!

I recently picked up a MY13 manual with 100,000k's on it, and despite the clutch failing on me within a few weeks, and discovering there'd been a fire in the engine bay around the alternator, I'm super happy that I ended up with a car with leather seats and a sunroof.
    Would have loved a Dynaudio system, however the standard setup is not too bad. Certainly a lot better than the radio in my sisters 2010 golf 90TSI.

But yeah, check both cars, preferably on a cold startup to hear any strange noises, and get a feel for the current owner and decide wether you think they looked after it properly.
    Also don't do what i did and buy from a 23 year old...
    Oh and check for signs of fire damage