Hi everyone,

As the title states I've been having a strange issue with my 2010 Mk6 R.

A few months ago the passenger low beam xenon turned purple for a few days, then died completely, no worries, replaced and all was good. About 2 months later we had a huge week of rain (Sydney) and the passenger headlight had some condensation in it one morning. Got in, drove the car and got a notification that the globe had popped again.

CBF changing it again so I let it go... fast forward to last week. New xenons arrived so I pulled the front bar and replaced BOTH xenons (like an intellectual) and the passenger side popped straight away... drivers side was fine. Put another globe in the passenger side (old working one from drivers side) and it didn't even turn on.

My focus then shifted to the ballast... swapped the driver and passenger ballast and bingo, the passenger side worked and the drivers side didn't.

New ballast arrived 2 days ago, installed last night and both passenger and driver low beams were working fine. Got up and drove to work this morning with no issues but on the way home the passenger xenon popped again.

The passenger side had the new ballast in it. I was going to swap the drivers globe into the passenger side to check if the ballast was still OK but didn't want to risk popping the only working xenon I have and by this stage I was so frustrated I wanted to burn the damn thing!

Surely it cant be the new ballast failing again...!?

Any ideas?

Thanks guys