Support VWWC

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MK6 Manual vs DSG Discussion Thread

ok here's my 2 cents. I know I don't have a MKVI but the principal is the same. I love the DSG for the following reasons:

1) Ease of use - Stop start traffic is a pain in a manual.
    2) Interactive - In manual mode gear changes are lightning quick and hills driving is predictable and rewarding.
    3) Versatility - One second you're flipping the gears then the mobile rings and with a flick you're back to D.
    3) Launch Control - No need to comment its quicker than a manual plain and simple.

Having said this, not a day goes by when I don't wish I could flip another switch and out pops a clutch along with a stick shift. When they release this version everyone will be happy (well almost everyone). Manuals are a lot of fun to drive but perhaps slowly getting left behind with technology. Today its all about versatility and thats what the dsg gives us.

On another point I sat in a manual R the other day and the gear throw is definitely way too long, nothing a short shift kit wouldn't fix.
    Volvo S60 RD T6

Users Country Flag
    i'm not sure the internet is the place for 2 guy's to be discussing thier knobs
    Current ride - MKVI GTI, Candy White, 4 door, Detroits, DSG, BT
    Previous VW - MK 1 Golf Clipper Convertible - 1993 - gone and now called Linda
    Previous VW - MK 1 Golf GTI 1983, Lhasa Green, Perrielli P's, euro front look, gone but not forgotten

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by geeza View Post
    i'm not sure the internet is the place for 2 guy's to be discussing thier knobs
    actually, the internet is exactly the place they should be discussing it
    Scirocco R - Candy White / DSG / Panoramic Roof / RNS510
    Mods - HPA ECU & DSG Stage 2 / VWR Racing Intake / Akrapovic Slip-On Titanium Tips / Milltek DP / HPA Mounts / Superpro LCA / H&R Sport Springs / VMR V710 19x8.5 / Michelin PSS 255-35

Entered in error.
    Last edited by logger; 19-02-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    Golf Mk6 118 TSI DSG |APR Stage I ECU Upgrade | HEX-USB+CAN

Users Country Flag

Lightbulb GTI DSG stock exhaust

Not sure if this has been posted here but I found a great vid on youtube showcasing the exhaust note on a MK VI.

YouTube - ‪2010 MK6 GTI DSG stock exhaust‬‏
    - Golf 7 R DSG White -

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567