Page 1 of 118 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk6 LED Taillights

Mk6 GTI - LED rear lights

*** Retrospective Summary of This Thread ***

• Golf R LED Tails can be ordered from a number of sources, including a German VW dealer referred by Ozram, and SteveP in the UK.
    • The LEDs come in two flavours - the darker, tinted tails as fitted to the R, and a lighter untinted set that match the stock GTI colour and are available as a factory option on TSIs, TDIs and GTIs in Europe.
    • Installation is quite simple; see Ozram's DIY, and Golfitup's YouTube install DIY.
    • Some coding (with VCDS) will be required; see AdamD's coding summary, and Golfitup's YouTube coding DIY.
    • Dealers are generally not offering to supply or install the LEDs, although at least one member has had his dealer install the LEDs he supplied, at time of delivery.

Original Post:

Over on the UK GTI forum they are flipping out because VW has apparently already upgraded the MY10 GTI with LED rear lights and keyless entry.

Apparently the LED's look like this (on GTI R here):

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...aspx?im=276438

Does anyone know whether the LED tail lights are on the GTI's spotted in Aus?

If not, this could mean that the first shipment will be "out-of-date" even before delivery. Unless VW dumps the old tail lights on Oz, you would think that once we start getting the GTI then supply of GTI's with the LED's should not be too far behind UK.

My dealer says that they think there is at least one ship load of GTI's in the country already. I know nothing about how VW runs its production lines for UK and Aus. Apperently the Aus cars are built in Germany. Assuming they build the RHD cars on the same production line, then this probably means the first shipment would not have the LEDs.

I have got my fingers crossed (a) that they release the GTI soon; (b) that I don't have to wait too long after the release for a car (sold my old car and the novelty of riding my bike to work in the rain is wearing thin); and (c) that it comes with the full MY10 spec including LED tail lights.
    Last edited by AdamD; 25-06-2014 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Added retrospective summary

Saw a black one this morning, the tail light just look exactly like the ordinary one...

Users Country Flag
    If previous models are anything to go by the GTI will get standard tail lights with the R versions getting fancy pants lights

PERFORMANCE, STYLING AND OEM PRODUCTS FOR YOUR VW

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

Apparently the fancy lights are now on the standard MY10 GTI in the UK.

Here is a video with some exhaust note as well (I think this is a third party mod of the GTI and not the R or MY10 GTI):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3D2vVvHv18

love the LEDs! reminds me of the Rogue Traders song "I see you watching me, watching you"

hmmm... wonder if they'll fit on a regular MK VI
    Jetta MK6 147TSI DSG Reflex Silver

Pondering: too many to list...

Users Country Flag
    Although I dont have confirmation of it. You would think that the new GTIs that have just been brought into the country would be early MY10 cars wouldnt you?. None of the pictures I have seen to date have had LEDs. Would be great if they were going to be though! Someone needs to get close enough to check a VIN

PERFORMANCE, STYLING AND OEM PRODUCTS FOR YOUR VW

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by windmagnet View Post
    Apparently the fancy lights are now on the standard MY10 GTI in the UK.

Here is a video with some exhaust note as well (I think this is a third party mod of the GTI and not the R or MY10 GTI):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3D2vVvHv18
    Yup, that's the 09 Worthersee Concept that VW created as a once off a couple of months back (along with a modified Polo)

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/05/20/s...e-09-concepts/

Do you have a link to the UK forum where these discussions are happening? Would be interested in seeing what they're saying about the upgrades and how they came across the info since the GTI specs on the UK site hasn't been updated since July (with no mention of LED rear lights or smart key 'keyless' entry).

Users Country Flag
    I just did a quick research and this is the forum posts he's talking about:
    http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=130374.20

It's pretty interesting as there are pictures in the UK GTI forum with what appears LED lights of GTI on the Frankfurt motorshow floor.

I would love for these to be on the AU model of the GTI but i would highly doubt it.

Video of the GTI with the LED and start/stop button seems like a weird place to put it but that's just me. The GTI comes in around the 5:45 min mark. Enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evSorFW63YI
    Last edited by Kwoka; 01-10-2009 at 03:59 PM.

Definitely a surprise!

It does makes things interesting.... So it'll either be introduced for the MY10 model or (most likely) as part of MY11. I'm hoping the former rather than the latter of course (perhaps VW Oz had actually held off from releasing the official oz GTI spec sheet because there are some last minute updates to the specs?). One could only hope. I guess we'll find out this month!
    Last edited by ricksterrr; 01-10-2009 at 04:39 PM.

Mk6 LED Taillights

As pointed out by Maverick here, TM Tuning are now selling Mk6 LED taillights:

Golf 6 red/clear LED taillights

The page doesn't say anything about the parts being OEM so I assume they're aftermarket, but US$400/pair seems reasonable considering how much VW will no doubt charge when they become available in Aus. Has anyone considered buying a set, or have any experience with products like these? Are they easy to install? Do they last? And most importantly, are they legal?

Thanks! Adam
    Last edited by AdamD; 06-11-2012 at 08:17 AM.
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Page 1 of 118 1231151101 ... LastLast