Page 18 of 118 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk6 LED Taillights

Users Country Flag

Cheers Adam

Sorry mate, I know you put how much they cost in Euros, but what was it in AUD?

Thanks
    2010 Golf MKVI MY11 GTI - Reflex Silver - 5dr DSG - Leather - Electric Seat - Sunroof - Sat Nav - 18" Vancouver Wheels - MY11 Bluetooth - Full Tint - 'R' LED Tail lights

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Browny View Post
    Sorry mate, I know you put how much they cost in Euros, but what was it in AUD?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
    The cost was 519 Euros including shipping and insurance.
    If you pay via credit card in Euros, then most banks will use the exchange rate at the time of purchase plus a 2.5% currency conversion fee.
    So right this second, 519 Euros = AUD$752 + 2.5% = $771

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by coreying View Post
    If you pay via credit card in Euros, then most banks will use the exchange rate at the time of purchase plus a 2.5% currency conversion fee.
    Cheers Corey.... That seems like a pretty good price to me! Could these have an effect on warranty at all?
    2010 Golf MKVI MY11 GTI - Reflex Silver - 5dr DSG - Leather - Electric Seat - Sunroof - Sat Nav - 18" Vancouver Wheels - MY11 Bluetooth - Full Tint - 'R' LED Tail lights

Quote Originally Posted by coreying View Post
    And that's just about spot-on what I paid.

Cheers Corey.... That seems like a pretty good price to me! Could these have an effect on warranty at all?
    Unlikely. These are a genuine VW part, made for a Golf. If the tail light goes then a replacement won't be warrantied by VW Australia (of course), but other than that, the only issue I can imagine they'd complain about is any issues resulting from the coding to remove the bulb out warning - and many people have made this change without issue.
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
    Unlikely. These are a genuine VW part, made for a Golf. If the tail light goes then a replacement won't be warrantied by VW Australia (of course), but other than that, the only issue I can imagine they'd complain about is any issues resulting from the coding to remove the bulb out warning - and many people have made this change without issue.
    Yeah good point... I am just waiting on the contact details from Ozram for the company in German that sends these over.... Did you use the same as him? And if so, have you got the details?
    Last edited by Corey_R; 04-08-2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tags

Yeah good point... I am just waiting on the contact details from Ozram for the company in German that sends these over.... Did you use the same as him? And if so, have you got the details?
    I also used Ozram's contact - he'll give you his details.

I fitted mine tonight and was very very happy with the fitment and time it took. The instructions Ozram provided were great, thanks once again for your assistance (pics to follow). I noticed the small gap between the top of the inner tail light, only to realise that the std inner tail lights were similar. Hopefully get my recode done this week (BTW Anyone in the inner west or north shore of sydney that is willing to recode for $$, plz PM me), then I'll muck around with the fitment just to get it perfect....I installed it at 6pm with no torch / light source of any kind.

Gents can anyone post a picture of the gap pls....or is it an adjustment needed to align the tail lights?.....also is it something to worry about ie water entering?......
    MY11/MkVI/GTI/DSG/XENONS/ACC/LEATHER/SILVER/DETROITS/BLUETOOTH/EURO PLATES......

dudes..
    I have asked about the R tail lights for my gti.
    They will fit. price is $1070 or something for the lights, INCLUDING installation from VW dealer.
    This was the price that my dealer gave me in an official quote. My dealer is Camberwell VW in VIC.
    The lights actually only cost something like $600, cost of installation is $400 or so.
    You might be able to use your discount keyring when you make the purchase, it will save you 7%.

Quote Originally Posted by mr fox View Post
    Gents can anyone post a picture of the gap pls....or is it an adjustment needed to align the tail lights?.....also is it something to worry about ie water entering?......
    Pics to follow on the weekend.

It could be an alignment issue as I did the install at night, I will align them over the weekend before I put pictures up. Water is not an issue (tested tonight) - the construction of the tail light is the same as the TSI and GTI being a factory part, there is a rubber boot preventing water from entering the tail gate / chassis.

i havent got a golf yet, but close to a deal once i get my professional membership registered so i get the fleet discount on the car

i asked the sales rep for a quote on the R tail lights the reply was $1350 (fitted), since i did my "research" in this thread, i questioned the rep n she said the "cost" before labour is $1100 ...

Page 18 of 118 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast