Support VWWC

Page 117 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1193

Thread: MK6 GTI - Rattle upon acceleration - Resolved via TPI: 2021062/7

Quote Originally Posted by RW1 View Post
    For the record and Topic Title update... TPI is now 2021062/12, Dated:12.12.12.. Minor accounting changes before anyone asks. Clip is still the same.
    Thanks. Although it won't help with Barloworld as they still refuse to accept that it's a genuine fix because I discovered it on the evil internet. Obviously you just made up that TPI number. In fact, this whole forum is probably just a plot by another car manufacturer to spread misinformation about VW.

Quote Originally Posted by richmurphy View Post
    I've just been down to Barloworld Moorabbin and they confirmed the exhaust rattle THEN told me there is no fix. Not true I say and provided the VWA TPI and the part number. "Where did you get that" they ask to which I told them an internet forum. "It's not a genuine part. There is no fix".

Like the idiot has memorised the entire parts catalogue. Could not believe that he was too arrogant to even check a database.

So needless to say I'm not going back there for anything. Ever. Has anyone had any luck with this fix at other Melbourne dealerships?

Have heard many bad reports about Barloworld Moorabbin. Had mine done at Barloworld Glen Waverley, no questions asked.
    MY 12 Golf GTI

I've just been down to Barloworld Moorabbin and they confirmed the exhaust rattle THEN told me there is no fix. Not true I say and provided the VWA TPI and the part number. "Where did you get that" they ask to which I told them an internet forum. "It's not a genuine part. There is no fix".

Like the idiot has memorised the entire parts catalogue. Could not believe that he was too arrogant to even check a database.
    Did you happen to get the individual's name? I would strongly suggest you get in touch with the dealer principal - via email, or even better over the phone - and provide him/her with that information; and if you get no traction via that channel, pass it on to VWA. They'll be keen to know about dealers and staff whose (lack of) customer service harms brand image. Simply boycotting the dealer yourself isn't enough because of all the other poor VW customers who have to put up with this disgraceful service in future.
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
    Did you happen to get the individual's name? I would strongly suggest you get in touch with the dealer principal - via email, or even better over the phone - and provide him/her with that information; and if you get no traction via that channel, pass it on to VWA. They'll be keen to know about dealers and staff whose (lack of) customer service harms brand image. Simply boycotting the dealer yourself isn't enough because of all the other poor VW customers who have to put up with this disgraceful service in future.
    I think it was Andreus or something. He was a German guy and I think he's supposed to be Barloworld's VW trained guru. Anyway, I called Burwin and they acknowledged the problem and the fix over the phone but stipulated that it must be diagnosed properly first which is entirely fair. I will get the problem resolved first and then Barloworld will see the full extent of my stubbornness and commitment to set things straight.

As a side note, the guy at Burwin said he thought the part has been fitted at the factory since mid 2012. My car was built right on the cusp so it may be without the part or it may be another issue altogether. Does anyone know if it's easy to spot the part?

I'd also love to know if it's easy to spot. I would like to know whether my MY13 GTI has the part installed.

As a side note, the guy at Burwin said he thought the part has been fitted at the factory since mid 2012. My car was built right on the cusp so it may be without the part or it may be another issue altogether. Does anyone know if it's easy to spot the part?
    Photos here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzad0c View Post
    I'd also love to know if it's easy to spot. I would like to know whether my MY13 GTI has the part installed.
    Does your car exhibit the trait that the clip fixes? If so, you probably don't have it!
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag
    Are those photo's from the bottom or top of the car? Looking for an orientation point.

Users Country Flag

MK6 GTI - Rattle upon acceleration - Resolved via TPI: 2021062/7

Quote Originally Posted by fontana302 View Post
    Are those photo's from the bottom or top of the car? Looking for an orientation point.
    You can only see/access the turbo waste gate from underneath the vehicle - so the photos are taken from underneath.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    As a side note, the guy at Burwin said he thought the part has been fitted at the factory since mid 2012.
    Not so, the TPI is still marked as no production change at 12.12.12..
    VW SCIROCCO 1.4TSI - DSG (MY2010) UK, East Cheshire.
    Build Complete October Wk43/09, Driving 4th November - Wk44/09. Sorted !

Hi - With the understanding that there are 117 pages here. Contained within, does anyone know if there's an audio file capturing the sound or rattle in question? I have a new MY13 and I am not sure what I'm listening for. I hear a high pitched 'sound' when under full throttle, but unsure as to if what I am hearing is the issue.

Cheers

Page 117 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 ... LastLast