Page 108 of 120 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1193

Thread: MK6 GTI - Rattle upon acceleration - Resolved via TPI: 2021062/7

In the long run will the clip cause any harm to the engine?

Users Country Flag
    can't see how... it attaches to the turbo's waste gate actuator arm at the "pivot" end. Ignore the previous person's post if that's why you're asking - they don't even have a GTI or a K03 turbo...

Users Country Flag
    there may be hope after all - skoda uk are starting to fix this rattle for the octavia rs.

looks like they've issued their own TPI though - 2028098/1.
    i'm yet to confirm this, nor seen the techincal bulletin details.

if it is the case, then skoda aus will have to approve the fix under warranty.

is there a website that provides information for vwag issued technical bulletins?
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    I had mine done today, and after driving it out I can't believe that I convinced myself that the rattle gave the car "character".

The rattle is completely gone, and now I realise what I was missing out on in terms of engine noise. The car sounds really sweet now.
    --------------------------

Users Country Flag
    I phoned up to book by GTI in for it's first 15k service (Norris VW Kedron), and when she asked if there was any other issues I wanted them to look at I said yes I do, it's a pretty well known issue though, and she interrupted me and said "is it an engine rattle?" to which I said yes. She said as soon as I said "well known" she knew what it would be, and said they should have some clips in stock and can fix it while it's being serviced. Let's hope they have some clips there! Getting it done on Wednesday 4th Jan. Will report back when it's done!
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobes_WIR35 View Post
    I phoned up to book by GTI in for it's first 15k service (Norris VW Kedron), and when she asked if there was any other issues I wanted them to look at I said yes I do, it's a pretty well known issue though, and she interrupted me and said "is it an engine rattle?" to which I said yes. She said as soon as I said "well known" she knew what it would be, and said they should have some clips in stock and can fix it while it's being serviced. Let's hope they have some clips there! Getting it done on Wednesday 4th Jan. Will report back when it's done!
    Service all done, rattle diagnosed and clip installed all in the one day! Kudos to Norris VW. Engine sounds good now, no rattles!
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Without reading through all 108 pages, can anyone confirm that this also effects the Golf R's? I've got a rattle which seems to match the OP's description, I only hear the rattle above 6000 rpm. I've had the car just on 6 months and I've only noticed it in the last couple of weeks.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Boldy; 05-01-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Boldy View Post
    Without reading through all 108 pages, can anyone confirm that this also effects the Golf R's? I've got a rattle which seems to match the OP's description, I only hear the rattle above 6000 rpm. I've had the car just on 6 months and I've only noticed it in the last couple of weeks.

Cheers!
    R's are NOT affected.....

It's only the EA888's which suffer this problem.
    MK6 MY10 Golf GTI, 5dr Manual, Carbon Steel, Detroits, Tint
    T6 MY06 Peugeot 307 HDi Touring, Manual, Iron Grey, Tint

Users Country Flag
    Booked my car in tomorrow to have this looked at and hopefully fixed. Fingers crossed!
    2011 MY12 5 door GTI CSG with DSG, ACC/DCC, 18" Detroits, Bi-Xenons, Dynaudio, R LED tails, Kenwood DDX9017DABS

Users Country Flag

Anyone got the fix done at Kloster Newcastle? I rang the service department up and he said the rattle is normal. I am emailing the service department now with all the info from this thread, even all the dealers fitting the fix.

Let u know how I go.

Page 108 of 120 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast