Thread: Power Window and Sunroof Issue

Power Window and Sunroof Issue

Hi All,

Been a very long time since I posted here.

I have a Nov 2011 MK6 Golf R.

Hopped in today and wound down all windows as was hot. I went to close the windows and all but driver door went up as per normal.

The drivers window however would go up 4-5” then go down 4-5” (Powered) if you click up again it would do the same again and again (Three times total). After the third Time it would go up 4-5” and then allow you to raise it again. Repeating the 3 x 4-5” rise. To close window this takes about 12 rises. If you manipulate the switch to stop it before it hits the 4-5” limit you can raise the window up Without it going down, by a series of smaller upto 3” rises. Once open you can auto open the window where it goes all the way down. When it raises and lowers the 4-5” it is not making any unusual noises and is powered so is not “falling”.

Wondering if there an issue with stuck windows (from dirt) or electrical issue ie fuse, switch or computer.

Maybe a year - 18mths ago I had an issue where the left rear window would close all way closed but then power back down maybe 2”. It repeatedly did this. I managed to close and hasn’t done it since ie It did it that one day then never presented itself again. This door was replaced after being damaged in an assault (External skin was pushed in).

Could be a case of Gremlins?

Also the other day my sunroof opened one segment. I think it raised one notch as screen didnt open as it does when it slides. No problems since...

Thoughts???

Users Country Flag

The windows have a safety feature called anti-pinch. They roll back of your head is in the window, the sunroof does the same.
    It is likely the guide for the glass is a bit mucky, clear it out and see how you go.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.