Thread: MK6 golf R Tuning issue

MK6 golf R Tuning issue

Hey there, I had a question and was wondering if anyone had some good insight into what may have happened. I have recently had my 2012 MK6 R tuned with a APR stage 1. It’s compleatly stock apart from a polar FIS. When I got the car back it had all kinds of electrical issues.
    -the option to connect a phone to the car is gone from the MFD
    -the reverse camera and optical parking is gone(it just doesn’t show up on the screen)
    -the stereo stays on after you have locked the car. It won’t go off unless you turn it off manually.
    -the stereo will turn off randomly every 10-15 minutes while driving.
    -the steering wheel controls for the stereo don’t work.
    I’m just trying to get an understanding, maybe someone has some good knowledge on how the tune works and if it could affect these systems? As when I dropped my car off they all worked 100% and as soon as I got in, none of them worked.
    Any info or help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks

If you had your PolarFIS connected/running while they were trying to write the file over the OBD port this could have caused some undesirable effects. When the power is on your car the FIS will be requesting parameters/data for the display at the same time as whatever tool is connected on the OBD port. You should only have 1 device working at a time.

I'm actually surprised that the tuner was able to write the file without it getting screwed up.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Thanks for your reply man, do you think there is any way to come back from this? Or do you think it has messed with the whole system? Like would it be rectifiable in your opinion

Also may I ask just in your opinion, do you think this is the tuners responsibility to find out these things? Is that something they should have been able to detect. Or the owner of the vehicle. I don’t have a background in tuning or any info on it so I didn’t know it was something I should have pre told them? I just booked it in with the tuning company and they did the work. There was no communication of what the vehicle does or does not have. (It’s compleatly stock) apart from the polar FIS. I’m just trying to figure out responsibility if that makes sense.

Users Country Flag
    Why don't you go back to the dealer who flashed your car and ask them to sort out the issues for you/look into it?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_darcie View Post
    Also may I ask just in your opinion, do you think this is the tuners responsibility to find out these things? Is that something they should have been able to detect. Or the owner of the vehicle. I don’t have a background in tuning or any info on it so I didn’t know it was something I should have pre told them? I just booked it in with the tuning company and they did the work. There was no communication of what the vehicle does or does not have. (It’s compleatly stock) apart from the polar FIS. I’m just trying to figure out responsibility if that makes sense.
    You don't know if the PolarFIS is the cause of your troubles. The shop you went to, should be aware of what can cause issues with tuning the car, so they would have asked you if it was an issue.

its at the shop now who did the tune for me, they are really decent guys there is no issue with the shop, they are trying there best to rectify it. i did say i had a polar fis when i took the car back and asked if it could have possible caused an issue and they were unsure of what that is, im just trying to independently source some information on the issues that have come up since the tune so i can get it sorted as quickly as possible.

I'd suggest that you try switching the Autopolar off and/or disconnect it and see if that sorts the issues out as a starter.

Otherwise try updating the Autopolar to the latest version of firmware.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build