Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MK6 Golf Mechatronics Failure - Warranty?

MK6 Golf Mechatronics Failure - Warranty?

I bought my 2011 Golf MK6 77TSi brand new from the dealer in Nov-11. The mechatronics recall was done on Sep-2013 around 80,000km. Fast forward 5 years later and odometer at 131,000km - lost power last night and had the vehicle towed to dealer.

Dealer confirms high pressure fault on mechatronics and needs to be replaced. Isn't this supposed to be covered under warranty?

Dealer wants to charge ~$2500 for repair.

Rang up VW customer service and they said they will talk to dealer and see what the outcome will be. Very frustrated with this driveline issue.

Users Country Flag
    131k and 7 years old is probably pressing their good will, it will be interesting to see what they come back with.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Agreed. Given the age of the vehicle, you might have to eat this one.

The warranty would only cover the workmanship on the recall itself for 12 monrhs, that's not including any new car warranty on the vehicle at the time.

Hopefully they can kick the tin for you.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

I really like the Golf - but the drivetrain is really shifty - any recommendations for which VW model to trade to?

I'm worried if I buy another used MK7 model the same fault happens again and counting on a per km basis, the replacement of the mechatronic unit @ ~50,000km means like I am maintaining 2 cars simultaneously.

Users Country Flag
    We had this issue with 2 mk7's one a 90tsi and the other a 92tsi, we have had plenty of DSG's with the wet clutch system that have never had any issues. Considering 2/2 dry clutches failed and failed more then once on the 90tsi we traded it in for a 110tsi mk7.5 with a 6sp manual and the other one i gave to my mother inlaw.
    The Golf is a great car and imo ahead of its competition but let down by the dq200 dry clutch dsg. If you must have a dsg go for one with the wet clutch dq250which is found in the models with higher power/torque (TDI, GTI and R) or a manual mk7. For the price of a used mk7 you should be able to get into a mk6 GTI
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gonsped View Post
    I really like the Golf - but the drivetrain is really shifty - any recommendations for which VW model to trade to?
    Try one of the Korean ones, they are not gonna hide when the gearbox goes to **** in 7 years.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

The transmission of my 2011 passat is also broken and it had been towed to vw dealer to diagnose. I'm pretty sure the mechatronic unit is broken. If they ask me to pay the full price for the replacement fee, I'll have a big argue with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news - I just picked up my vehicle - all covered by the warranty from VW Australia.

I did not pay a cent except the towing cost.

Small price to pay I know I have at least another 50,000km life left on the mechatronics.

They even washed the car so I am a happy chap today

Users Country Flag
    Good result.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast