Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mk6 Golf Battery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes_WIR35 View Post
    This might seem like a bit of a daft question... we only have a single garage and the wifey's car lives there.
    You're right Tobes, daft. GTI > Up!. As for whether you should take the battery out of the Up! while it's parked outside for a month, good question...
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag
    Problem solved. Up! is staying with her parents, WIR35 gets to hibernate in the comfort and safety of the garage for a month
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Battery for mark VI GTI

Apologies if this has been asked before I could not find anything in the searches as to online retailers who can supply a battery for a mark VI GTI, not even sure where to find the correct replacement no, any help appreciated

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondJQuimby View Post
    Apologies if this has been asked before I could not find anything in the searches as to online retailers who can supply a battery for a mark VI GTI, not even sure where to find the correct replacement no, any help appreciated

Cheers
    We can supply you: AutoSlick

Automotive, Motorcycle & Marine - Batteries, Chargers & Jump Starters | SlickOnline - AutoSlick & HomeSlick

Would you like me to list a few appropriate models as well?

- Joe

What batteries are you guys replacing yours with?

Users Country Flag
    These are the factory replacement models by Varta. We can source these if required. Or you can select a D34 Optima that fits perfect as well.

VARTA BATTERIES VW GOLF

If you are interested we will be posting up some pricing for the Varta brand soon.

Users Country Flag
    3yrs old today.....passed the load test at its 45000kms service. Still trucking along!
    MK6 MY10 Golf GTI, 5dr Manual, Carbon Steel, Detroits, Tint
    T6 MY06 Peugeot 307 HDi Touring, Manual, Iron Grey, Tint

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R (on 17/09/2012) View Post
    Had Dean @ VP download my DSG software for modification (to be reloaded when I get a chance to return) and he mentioned my battery levels are low. Any recommended places to get a good deal on a genuine (or comparable compatible) battery?

Supposedly my battery currently isn't genuine since the plastic cover doesn't fit on properly, don't know when that would've happened since I'm unaware of any changes to it. I've only had a flat battery once when I was retrofitting the bluetooth and didn't realise the automatic headlights were on
    Just following up that my battery has now officially died (Polar FIS confirmed that the voltage dropped from 9.6 (accessory) to under 8 when I tried to start the car this morning. So now I'm looking for a replacement.

A thread on vwgolf.net.au recommended to the Optima D35 for the Mk6 Golf.

Most of the cars we have had in the last 10 years have had their original batteries when sold at 4yrs old. Longest I have seen a battery last was 6 yrs, but that one I killed by repeatedly flattening it. Lots of factors determine battery life expectancy.
    1974 1300 Beetle, 1997 Golf GL, 2003 New Beetle Cabrio, 2014 Audi A4 quattro

Berwick VW selling a replacement for $239.53 - it's a newer smaller cheaper (for me) version. Dunno if that means it's less good or not but I'm not expecting to own the car much longer than another year anyway.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast