Thread: MK6 Golf 118 TSI Convertible Roof Issue

Users Country Flag

MK6 Golf 118 TSI Convertible Roof Issue

Hi,
    We have a 2012 MK6 golf 118 TSI convertible that has started an issue with the roof.

While closing the roof, just as it gets to the final operation of locking closed, we can hear a clicking noise coming from the back of the car, and the roof will not lock shut. The only option is to manually lock the roof down. the roof also made the same clicking noise while trying to open too.

I thought i would ask on here first before visiting the Volkswagen stealership!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Marky74 View Post
    Hi,
    We have a 2012 MK6 golf 118 TSI convertible that has started an issue with the roof.

While closing the roof, just as it gets to the final operation of locking closed, we can hear a clicking noise coming from the back of the car, and the roof will not lock shut. The only option is to manually lock the roof down. the roof also made the same clicking noise while trying to open too.

I thought i would ask on here first before visiting the Volkswagen stealership!
    Close to you is Angus Mitchel auto in Edwardstown , good reputation , or Auto Studio unley road .
    GTI clubsport/edition 40 manual white 2016

Mercedes Benz A200 AMG pack red 2016

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks Spellbound, I will give them a call.