Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast

Thread: The MK6 Fuel Consumption (Most / Least per Tank) Thread

Once it's run in, it should average high 8s. Better with a stage 1 tune
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

Quote Originally Posted by Bassik View Post

Only yesterday I thought I would reset the consumption levels (Golf) to see how "I" drive eliminating 3 yrs prior someone else was driving my car.
    Pretty sure that average gets automatically reset every 100 hours of driving... Correct me if I'm wrong!
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

apr stg 1. ive been logging my fuel cons since january. 2011 mk6 gti. just done 42k km.
    best is 7.92l/100km. worst is 8.97l/100/ ive got 20 entries and the majority are around the 8.2l/100.
    i drive about 55km a day to and from work in sydney traffic at 730am and 530pm, so i get the brunt of it during the week and weekends r basically traffic free.
    i easily get 600km+ when i refill and put at least 50l in at each refill.
    i drive conservatively most of the time as im stuck in traffic
    2011 cw golf gti 3dr man-tint-rear cargo mat-weathershields-bluetooth-mdi-19" oz racing ultra leggera-mcgard lockbolts-boston acoustic pro60se-jl audio xd700/5-jl audio bass tube bb-w060p- titanium exhaust tips-eibach custom pro-kit-OPS-OSIR cf mirror covers and cf front lip-dieselgeek short shifter

Users Country Flag
    I average about 9-10L but I live in the city and most of my driving is daily grind. But I guess I do tend to give it more than the occasional squirt though.

Highway is fantastic, returns about 6.5L.
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobes_WIR35 View Post
    I average about 9-10L but I live in the city and most of my driving is daily grind. But I guess I do tend to give it more than the occasional squirt though.

Highway is fantastic, returns about 6.5L.
    Wow ok I see you have an adidas model as well?

Why is it that everyone so far has said mid 8s to low 9s but your like me 9-10L? I just got home from and now I'm on 9.7L and I babied it here all the way home (16km). I topped $40 of fuel before leaving which put me to 2 notches after half point and having driven only 24kms after that I'm now under half way.

Previously before resetting the consumption read out I was sitting on 9.9L I thought it was an error but appears not.

Also might I add and I noticed this last week, sitting at the lights I flicked through the fuel consumption readings and noticed the "this trip reading" to be on 11.4L and it kept going up and up till about 26L and this was idle at red lights. Anyone have any idea what was oing on there?

Error or do I need a fuel consumption check or something or am I crazy, I'm just not used to actually seeing my petrol gauge move so quickly?
    GOLF GTI MY11 ADIDAS Candy White, Sunroof
    GOLF GTI 40th ED, White with Sunroof

Wow ok I see you have an adidas model as well?

Why is it that everyone so far has said mid 8s to low 9s but your like me 9-10L? I just got home from and now I'm on 9.7L and I babied it here all the way home (16km). I topped $40 of fuel before leaving which put me to 2 notches after half point and having driven only 24kms after that I'm now under half way.

Previously before resetting the consumption read out I was sitting on 9.9L I thought it was an error but appears not.

Also might I add and I noticed this last week, sitting at the lights I flicked through the fuel consumption readings and noticed the "this trip reading" to be on 11.4L and it kept going up and up till about 26L and this was idle at red lights. Anyone have any idea what was oing on there?

Error or do I need a fuel consumption check or something or am I crazy, I'm just not used to actually seeing my petrol gauge move so quickly?
    firstly, ur method of checking economy isnt very accurate. the only way is to fill all the way up. reset trip comp so u have a baseline.
    then drive as much as u can. next fillup, note the km driven and the fuel filled. eg, if u drove 300km and it took 30l to fill, then thats 10l/100.
    do it a few times to get an avg. otherwise ur just taking the trip comp as gospel, and its terribly inaccurate imo. in fact ignore the mdi readings, its crap
    2011 cw golf gti 3dr man-tint-rear cargo mat-weathershields-bluetooth-mdi-19" oz racing ultra leggera-mcgard lockbolts-boston acoustic pro60se-jl audio xd700/5-jl audio bass tube bb-w060p- titanium exhaust tips-eibach custom pro-kit-OPS-OSIR cf mirror covers and cf front lip-dieselgeek short shifter

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by walbjj View Post
    In fact ignore the mdi readings, its crap
    oh yeah this was my other question are people telling me their own calculations or going by mdi?
    Last edited by Bassik; 21-08-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    GOLF GTI MY11 ADIDAS Candy White, Sunroof
    GOLF GTI 40th ED, White with Sunroof

[QUOTE=Bassik;983533]
    Quote Originally Posted by walbjj View Post
    In fact ignore the mdi readings, its crap[/QUOTE

oh yeah this was my other question are people telling me their own calculations or going by mdi?
    I just told u my method. I suggest u use that from now on

Users Country Flag
    My figures are from using Fuelly but my MDI is reporting the same amount from when I reset so must be pretty accurate on my car

Users Country Flag

Re: The MK6 Fuel Consumption (Most / Least per Tank) Thread

and it kept going up and up till about 26L and this was idle at red lights. Anyone have any idea what was oing on there?
    I don't know about the 26L thing (actually perhaps you reset it, so km=0, litres being used,number divided by zero= infinity), but think about it, sitting at lights you aren't moving, therefore you are using fuel, with kms near zero= massive litres per hundred kms. I notice when I start the cat and first drive, it won't show litres per 100km for a short while presumably for that reason,I.e need to move some kms to get a sensible number.
    ---
    Manual MY12 RB Golf R | Bluefin Stg2 | Milltek turbo-back

Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast