Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: The MK6 Fuel Consumption (Most / Least per Tank) Thread

Users Country Flag

Yeah but this was way before I hit the reset button. I noticed this within days of having the car, it's actually what made me think was there an issue?

What I actually thought up was that if I was 8.8L with Polo with an alleged fuel consumption of 6.1L that's a 3L increase, now apply that to the Golf with a market reading of 7.6L + 3 = 11. I'm actually under that and given that I have been babying it ever since getting it high 9s is relative ok. I take it from that I don't have an issue and just have to suck up the fact my car uses a hell of a lot more fuel.

I'm just amazed at what peoples readings are, I might go do it the old fashion way and see.

Is a manual better then DSG? Or driving in manual mode?
    GOLF GTI MY11 ADIDAS Candy White, Sunroof
    GOLF GTI 40th ED, White with Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    But the "1" reading is reset each time you drive it, and say you move just enough for it to change from --l/100km to a real number, but then immediately get stuck at a light, it will increment rapidly as distance travelled is very low but litres used is going up.
    ---
    Manual MY12 RB Golf R | Bluefin Stg2 | Milltek turbo-back

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassik View Post
    Only yesterday I thought I would reset the consumption levels (Golf) to see how "I" drive eliminating 3 yrs prior someone else was driving my car.
    avg fuel use [1] automatically resets after 2(? maybe 3 - it's in the manual) hours of vehicle inactivity

avg fuel use [2] automatically resets after 99hrs59m (3,500km-6,000km depending on where you drive)

If the MFD readout is inaccurate you can tweak it with VCDS.

Fuel consumption over a short trip of 20km isn't really indicitive of overall fuel usage. What matters is your average over several thousand km.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Fuel consumption over a short trip of 20km isn't really indicitive of overall fuel usage. What matters is your average over several thousand km.
    Yeah this is where I have to wait and see I guess, it's just that I'm am not used to literally seeing my fuel needle go down after only driving for maybe 10-20mins, it's usually so seamless and goes undetected.
    GOLF GTI MY11 ADIDAS Candy White, Sunroof
    GOLF GTI 40th ED, White with Sunroof

I have a MK6 90TSI manual. The car is one and a half years old with 35000km on the clock. I have a round trip of around 100kms a day split 60% suburban/trafficlight controlled roads and 40% freeway. The freeways have had some form of construction works on them for almost two years now. My trip varies from 1 hour to 1&1/2 hours each way. Due to the construction there are bad days where I am sometimes stuck in first gear on the freeway for 20 to 30 minutes. My long term average is 6.1L/100Km. The best consumption I had on one trip was during the holiday season (light traffic, traffic light gods in my favour and schools closed) of 5L/100km and it took around 40 minutes.

Users Country Flag
    On Sat night, with a slight wind chill, two on board and some luggage to the airport, got it down for a moment to 5.8L/100Km.

This was lower than the factory claim of 6.1L

Users Country Flag
    Just bringing this back as would be interested is the latest. My trip has me on 6.4l/100KM on a 118TSI over about 4,000KM. Mostly highway driving Melb -> Geelong every day so I think that is good.

One question, I filled up today and put in 56.4L. It was showing a range of 0 so assume it was right on empty but wondering if anything has put in more before?

Users Country Flag
    We are averaging about 720km to tank in the MK6 GTI, thats some freeway and stop start local runs, with a heavy foot and air con cranking, overall pretty happy
    MY11 GTI DSG - SII Bluefin, Empire Dump, Custom intake, Front strut brace
    01 Pathfinder -Cat back, SAFC, Intake, Lift and Muddies
    88 HR31 Coupe - lots
    08 FG XR6T - 380hp

Users Country Flag

driving style, tyre pressures, loads....(mine is a variant Mk6 103 tdi dsg!) just brt it and seems very low on fuel use, love it @ 166,000kms i think its run in and still has grunt...
    german - english translations esp vw documents!!

Dismantling 95 Seat Cord'a and 73 campers and 74 dc van !!! Some Mk1 and t2 ant3 gear in my stash,,,

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162