Thread: Looking for recommended garage and Tune NSW

Users Country Flag

Question Looking for recommended garage and Tune NSW

Hey, recently decided to finally go out and get a tune for my GTI and looking for recommendations on what to get/where in inner west Sydney areas.

Also looking to get some follow-on modifications made to the car and looking for suggestions on fair places to get this done.

Will also take suggestions on intake replacements as having a hard time figuring out whats street legal in NSW.

Cheers
    Last edited by phant9m; 19-02-2020 at 01:15 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Best to jump onto the usual big name tune companies and see whether they have any dealers near you (APR, Racingline, Revo, GIAC) although you may be out of luck as most are in or near coastal/capital cities.

In this case, you may wish to look at the likes of Superchips Bluefin, or Tarmac Engineering (Spectune) who offer tunes with a handheld controller allowing you to DIY the tune. I had this on my Mk6 Golf R and was very handy as there were no tuners near me at that time and also i liked the ability to DIY instead of having to book in and wait around etc.

As for intakes, there are plenty on the market but to technically be "legal" in NSW the air filter section needs to be enclosed inside a box/housing of some kind. Feel free to check out my Mk6 GTI modification diary (its a few years old now) as it might give you some ideas. My other German fling: Mk6 GTI

2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Cheers Lucas.

I should have specified, i'm inner west sydney area so there is plenty of options around, just looking for recommendations as of this year. So many posts from so long ago and just wondering if there was a shift as of late.

I've been looking at the COBB accessport V3 with a Stratified tune as a pick for now. Looks fairly awesome and some good results.

Where did you get the air shroud from? Was that something you made?