Thread: License plate reverse camera install

Users Country Flag

License plate reverse camera install

Hey guys,

I'm new to the scene and i recently bought a gtd 2011 model but it didn't have the emblem badge reverse camera.

I bought it used and the seller had also given me a reverse camera kit. (which i think is like a $20 part from ebay). Here's a photo of what it looks like, i've been trying to wrap my head around it but i just need some help to get some things clear to install

Here's a link to a picture of it.
    rvc camera - Album on Imgur

And the product itself on ebay.
    Car Reversing Rear View Camera for VW Polo 2C Bora Golf MK4 MK5 MK6 Beetle Leon | eBay

From what i searched on youtube, most rvc cameras didn't have the 2 wires coming out the back. I assume that the 2 wires coming out of this one are for video and powering the reverse lights. Also i'm not sure if there's a way to wire this in without taking off the bumper.

I guess my questions are:
    - Should i be connecting both cables on that camera. (splice the license plate number with one for light)
    - Can i do this without taking the bumper off? (The seller told me that you could run it through the a drain hole from the boot to the bumper but i couldn't feel this at all.

I've been searching youtube and forums everywhere for some examples but can't seem to find any.

CrookWatercooled Guest

Your camera's original is here ::
    Last edited by CrookWatercooled; 15-02-2020 at 08:15 PM.