Thread: LED tail lights from Supernova Lighting

LED tail lights from Supernova Lighting

Hello,

Bought a set of these lights and asked them to configure the lights as LHD. (I live in Europe) Now when I test the lights and switch the rear fog on, I expect a single red light on the drivers side. in my case the left side standing behind the car. It goes on, but it is white. Now when engage reverse I expect a single white light on the passenger side, right side. It also goes on, but it is red. How can I change this? Is this simply done bij wire switching? I could ask Supernova Lighting, but they don't answer a single question. Hope to find the solution here.

Users Country Flag
    Sent you the wrong ones by the look of it Or maybe just a change over of the lights

Depends on whether the glass is coloured or not or the bulb is
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    It sounds like they have sent you RHD configured lights, which makes sense as we have RHD cars here in Australia. From my experience, Supernova are useless in terms of customer service.

If I was you, I would sell the lights and order some genuine lights from BKS Tuning in Europe who are great to deal with from my experience.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    It sounds like they have sent you RHD configured lights, which makes sense as we have RHD cars here in Australia. From my experience, Supernova are useless in terms of customer service.

If I was you, I would sell the lights and order some genuine lights from BKS Tuning in Europe who are great to deal with from my experience.
    He does say he lives in Europe so they stuffed up
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

The customer service part I can agree on, the money is collected, the customer lives miles from us. So no answer is the solution it seems.

Since everything is led and the glass is the same colour at both sides, that is not an option. What I did find out: there is a bridge wire supplied to get dual reverse/fog lights. I tried those and when I engage reverse it makes the right side go white to. So there are leds that are multicoloured. I have to go into the wiring first and see what wire powers the reverse/fog.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jmd View Post
    Since everything is led and the glass is the same colour at both sides, that is not an option. What I did find out: there is a bridge wire supplied to get dual reverse/fog lights. I tried those and when I engage reverse it makes the right side go white to. So there are leds that are multicoloured. I have to go into the wiring first and see what wire powers the reverse/fog.
    Ah ok well in that case it should be easy enough to tap into the wiring so that you swap the reverse and fog bulb to the opposite sides.

When I had my Golf R, I purchased a new inner light housing and configured the wiring so that I had 2x reverse lights - we dont need the fog light here in Australia. So its definitely possible to play around with them.

Lucas' Golf R
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Ah ok well in that case it should be easy enough to tap into the wiring so that you swap the reverse and fog bulb to the opposite sides.

When I had my Golf R, I purchased a new inner light housing and configured the wiring so that I had 2x reverse lights - we dont need the fog light here in Australia. So its definitely possible to play around with them.

Lucas' Golf R
    I did a quick check and the canbus decoders that are connected to the inner lights are identical. I did some switching of wires and now they work as they should. So now I can start and see how long the lights will last. They are obviously not as refined as my original R lights but they’ll do.

You would expect that all cars have a fog light. There must be fog now and then in Australia. Here we have fall for 75% off the year. 😕

Users Country Flag
    I did a quick check and the canbus decoders that are connected to the inner lights are identical. I did some switching of wires and now they work as they should. So now I can start and see how long the lights will last. They are obviously not as refined as my original R lights but they’ll do.
    Glad you got them working.

You would expect that all cars have a fog light. There must be fog now and then in Australia. Here we have fall for 75% off the year. ��
    Hardly ever where I live, the climate is too warm. We just turn on the headlights if there is fog or bad weather, no need for the super bright fog lights.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Glad you got them working.

Hardly ever where I live, the climate is too warm. We just turn on the headlights if there is fog or bad weather, no need for the super bright fog lights.
    Now lets see how long I can keep them in the car, I love OEM ands this is the first non-OEM part and my subconscious does not completely agree with me.

At least 1 fog is mandatory here, but I never use it. Looks dumb.

Thanks everyone for thinking along. I'll close this one.