Support VWWC

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Which Insurance company are you with?

Users Country Flag

I used NRMA comprehensive plus for my previous vehicle and it was written off in an accident (got rear end). They're ok and handle my claim without much drama. However, a couple of smash repairers I spoke to don't like them very much when it comes to repairing your own vehicle. NRMA don't like quote with new parts. But certainly they're not the worst in that aspect.

All I hear now is Allianz (from friend/co-workers) is the one who treat you the best when you have to make a claim.

I'm still tossing between NRMA and Allianz just for the fact that they've got a slightly better policy for the same price with Allianz. And yes Sydney sucks when it come to CTP/Comprehensive insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Courteous View Post
    Yeah my CTP this year is pushing $800. Yay

Thinking of switching my comprehensive from AAMI to Allianz or NRMA...... Doing some research now but if anyone's got any comments/thoughts/recent experiences with either these two?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by will86_ View Post
    Mate, 800 is a bit hefty for CTP. get an online quote for CTP from QBE. It may be worth trying.
    As for comprehensive, strangely, NRMA was the cheapest option for me this year.
    Hey Will

if you don't mind, what's the ballpark figure for your comprehensive insurance with NRMA?

Mine is around 2k.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by someon3 View Post
    Hey Will

if you don't mind, what's the ballpark figure for your comprehensive insurance with NRMA?

Mine is around 2k.
    Sorry to Hijack but i also found that NRMA was by far the cheapest compared to the rest.

I am currently paying around 1.8K a year and for CTP , it has definitely gone up this year and i am also paying close to $800 as well (that would be due to the fact that i am under 27 though)

I used NRMA comprehensive plus for my previous vehicle and it was written off in an accident (got rear end). They're ok and handle my claim without much drama. However, a couple of smash repairers I spoke to don't like them very much when it comes to repairing your own vehicle. NRMA don't like quote with new parts. But certainly they're not the worst in that aspect.

All I hear now is Allianz (from friend/co-workers) is the one who treat you the best when you have to make a claim.

I'm still tossing between NRMA and Allianz just for the fact that they've got a slightly better policy for the same price with Allianz. And yes Sydney sucks when it come to CTP/Comprehensive insurance

I've heard the same things about Allianz - The only reason I'm looking is because my premium went up with AAMI this year (despite no claims & safe driver 'discount' etc etc) plus I hear you don't really have a choice of repairer.....

Oh yeah NSW CTP is absolute balls this year (I paid $780 - The cheapest from the CTP comparison site) Did something happen that pushed the premiums up for our state alone? I saw someone's previous post from QLD - All his quotes were under $400?
    captain courteous enjoys vag

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Courteous View Post
    I've heard the same things about Allianz - The only reason I'm looking is because my premium went up with AAMI this year (despite no claims & safe driver 'discount' etc etc) plus I hear you don't really have a choice of repairer.....

Oh yeah NSW CTP is absolute balls this year (I paid $780 - The cheapest from the CTP comparison site) Did something happen that pushed the premiums up for our state alone? I saw someone's previous post from QLD - All his quotes were under $400?
    CTP in QLD $331.80 each for both my cars same almost with every company
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Your lucky here in NSW if you get a ticket even a minor one your CTP goes up as well , I'm paying $580 a year with a maximum 60% no claim And the insurance is now $860 with a agreed value of $30,000 which is a lot more that I thought it would be covered for .

Users Country Flag

Re: Which Insurance company are you with?

Allianz won't insure a Golf R (they only do as an underwriter for Volkswagen insurance, I wanted to see if VW was ripping me off and at least here in NSW, they won't insure). They have a near zero modification policy too, I had to go NRMA mid term when I declared my mods to them as they were about to cancel my policy due to Milltek+Bluefin.
    I am quite happy with NRMA! For my WRX, NRMA was not an option at over twice the price of AAMI..but for the Golf R, it is not that different to the Allianz price with a whole lot of flexibility.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by tonymy01; 06-07-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    ---
    Manual MY12 RB Golf R | Bluefin Stg2 | Milltek turbo-back

Users Country Flag

I'm also looking at NRMA and Allianz and also the VW Insurance as well. NRMA is about $350 a year cheaper but i have heard so many bad stories at the moment and I can not find anyone who is with Allianz..

I'm looking at a new car worth $50 in sydney for $1700 a year..

Users Country Flag
    I pay $89 a month with Shannons which is about $1068 a year. I'm 31 yrs old
    GOLF GTI MY11 ADIDAS Candy White, Sunroof
    GOLF GTI 40th ED, White with Sunroof

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Tell me about it , I just bought a 2009 Nissan Navara from QLD the CTP on the rego papers was $400 for the 12 months through Suncorp
    I went to suncorp in Penrith and was informed it would cost $1065 in NSW ,
    WHY WHY do they charge so much more here in NSW than QLD ?

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast