Thread: Installing Leather Seats

Users Country Flag

Installing Leather Seats

Hey guys,
    I was going to install heated/electric adjusted leather seats into my golf which currently has fabric seats (with manual adjusting and no heated seats).

After talking to some people on forums and researching online. To install the leather heated electric seats is a big job and much out of my capabilities.

Instead I was thinking of taking the seat rails off my current fabric seats and putting them on the leather seats. So essentially I’d get the leather seats with no heating capabilities and manual adjusting as my seats are now. Would this work? As I think the GTI and TSI have the same chassis?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seat electrics is just 2 wires. One is for power and the other is earth. Will be easier than removing fabric etc..
    Seat heating is more complicated and especially if you want to control it via standard control panel.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by mikk@ View Post
    Seat electrics is just 2 wires. One is for power and the other is earth. Will be easier than removing fabric etc..
    Seat heating is more complicated and especially if you want to control it via standard control panel.
    Thank you for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk