Support VWWC

Thread: Inconsistent Boost

Users Country Flag

Inconsistent Boost

Hi All,

I have a 1.4 TSI (90kw - turbo only) and have notice the boost to be very inconsistent lately,

I have a auto-meter mechanical boost gauge and it would normally read between 8-10psi

Last week it felt a little flat and I noticed the boost to be a little low 5 psi, didn't think much of it,

Car didn't get driven over the weekend the yesterday (Monday) car felt super punchy and low and behold it's running 12-13psi (I wasn't to upset by this as the drive was much more fun)

Today (Tuesday) is running 10psi

Does this sound like a dodgy N75 valve?

Engine is stock with a K&N OEM style air filter and a GFB DVS+ divertor valve

Any advise/trolling is welcome
    Chris aka TSi2NV.
    MK6 Golf 90TSi.
    MODS: 20% tints, H&R Lowering Springs (45mm), 18" rims

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TSi2NV View Post
    Hi All,

I have a 1.4 TSI (90kw - turbo only) and have notice the boost to be very inconsistent lately,

I have a auto-meter mechanical boost gauge and it would normally read between 8-10psi

Last week it felt a little flat and I noticed the boost to be a little low 5 psi, didn't think much of it,

Car didn't get driven over the weekend the yesterday (Monday) car felt super punchy and low and behold it's running 12-13psi (I wasn't to upset by this as the drive was much more fun)

Today (Tuesday) is running 10psi

Does this sound like a dodgy N75 valve?

Engine is stock with a K&N OEM style air filter and a GFB DVS+ divertor valve

Any advise/trolling is welcome
    Could be a faulty MAP sensor
    Rising Blue, MK 6 R 2013 - DSG - CTS Cat200, Tarmac CAI, Tarmac Heat shield, do88 intercooler, R8 Coils, XB Unibrace, Ub Unibrace, CTS Dogbone, H&R Sport Springs, Spectune stage 2.