Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to reset/apply Basic Settings for the 7 Speed DSG?

How to reset/apply Basic Settings for the 7 Speed DSG?

I want to reset my DSG using my VAGCOM cable, and all the documentation I can find about DSG reset is for the 6 Speed DSG

Anybody knows how can I perform these settings for the 7 Speed? Are the procedures the same? I basically don't want to f*ck up my gearbox and have to tow my car to the dealership or something...

Thanks in advance!

Users Country Flag
    Basic settings do not need to be done unless your replacing the mechatronics or the gearbox??? Are u having issues???

The documentation doesn't exist for the 7 speed, it can be done with the factory tool though

Users Country Flag
    It can be done with VAS-PC, but it is only for new transmissions and mechatronics. Don't do it, otherwise.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

I want to reset it because after much research online about some of the issues I've been experiencing with my car (jerky and untimely shifting between 1st and 2nd gear at low speeds), most of them directly point to the DSG needing to re-adapt.

Also, alot of people report improvement after performing basic settings on their 6speed DSG, so I thought I might try it.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalic View Post
    I want to reset it because after much research online about some of the issues I've been experiencing with my car (jerky and untimely shifting between 1st and 2nd gear at low speeds), most of them directly point to the DSG needing to re-adapt.
    Sure you haven't got this??? ......http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/foru...ear-45873.html Not resolved yet in the Bulletin 2026097/1 (see page 3).

There is a DSG 7 speed Controller software update recently. Pop into the dealer and ask. Gives different speed (mph) change points for the gears and quicker manual gear changing as well.

As said above - Basic Settings ..... not for this sort of problem.
    VW SCIROCCO 1.4TSI - DSG (MY2010) UK, East Cheshire.
    Build Complete October Wk43/09, Driving 4th November - Wk44/09. Sorted !

The basic settings or adaptation on the 7 speed are not the same for the 6 speed. On the 6 speed you are relying on oil pressure for your clamping & having the clutch clearance tolerances correct is most important (and that is the big thing - syncing the clutch side with the mechatronics) On the 7 speed, the clutch runs more "traditional" sprung pressure plates, so its a whole different issue.

Having recently done a lot of work on both the 6 & 7 speed clutch packs - the initial setup is crucial (and the initial clutch pack shimming) for the initial mechatronics sync, on the 7 speed you can't reset the clutches as its mechanical (where you can on the 6 speed).

Worth looking into the software as above, otherwise it might be a sticky mech! (hope that's not too confusing)

Thanks alot for the advice guys, I guess I'll drop by the dealership and see what's up with the new software update. BTW, last time I was there (on July) I asked them to do a DSG software update. This is what VCDS says right now about my DSG

Address 02: Auto Trans
    Control Module Part Number: 0AM 300 048 L
    Component and/or Version: GSG DSG AG7 402 2150
    Software Coding: 0000020
    Work Shop Code: WSC 36000
    VCID: 397D29D70B99

Advanced Identification

Serial number: 00001001291250
    Identification: TFK-030
    Revision: 00040024
    Date: 29.01.10
    Manufacturer number: 1250
    Test stand number: 0000
    Flash Status
    Programming Attempts: 4
    Successful Attempts: 4
    Programming Status: 00000000
    Required Conditions: 00000000
    Flash Tool Code: 82558 360 36000
    Flash Date: 11.14.03
    Software
    000N
    Misc.
    Hardware number: 0AM 927 769 D
    Lot Number: D10
    Type Lock: 000
    VCDS Info:
    Labels: 0AM-300-04X.LBL

Can you guys tell me which one of these is the software version and what the latest software version is, I think my dealership are just resetting it and not actually updating anything.
    Last edited by Digitalic; 28-10-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Didn't someone also mention that when they replaced the plugs with the new colder range OR reset the gap the gearbox operation seemed smoother?

Users Country Flag

Yes me... on http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/foru...tml#post738590

I've just updated the topic as the revised plug has introduced the plug gap I have been using for the last 12 months until I went further ie. a slight closing last month.

Digitalic's comments above don't quite appear to be the same, ie. the jerky comment but 1 to 2 does. Always worth a try but the plugs ain't cheap (£53 in UK for a set of 4) and gap setting has to be carefully done because of the narrow tip of the centre electrode and possible damage.
    Last edited by RW1; 29-10-2011 at 09:54 AM.
    VW SCIROCCO 1.4TSI - DSG (MY2010) UK, East Cheshire.
    Build Complete October Wk43/09, Driving 4th November - Wk44/09. Sorted !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast