Thread: How to remove my front bumper on my golf mk 6 gti?

Users Country Flag

How to remove my front bumper on my golf mk 6 gti?

Hi everyone,
    Can someone tell me how can i remove my front bumper on my golf mk 6 gti?
    I'd like to install a new set of aftermarket HID set (bulbs & ballasts) but it seems that i have to remove my front bumper first so i can gain access to the screws which attach my headlight to the body. My headlight need to be remove so that i can install my HID easily!

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    i think it will be an illegal install unless you get the golf oem hid headlights, jet washers and the auto levelling parts. by simply installing h7 HID kit retrofit - bulbs and ballasts only - on the halogen projectors, you will cause glare to other drivers.

you may also have implications with insurance claim if you happen to cause an accident

but you're free to take the risks if you're happy with it
    Last edited by nat225; 09-03-2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: merged a triple post

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks guys, for helping!!!!!!! I will try to figure it out myself and if i can't, i might have to get an auto electrician to install it for me and hopefully they wont charge me too much for the installation!!! I will also try to get them to lower my projectors so i won't glare other drivers during night time.

Users Country Flag
    Have a look at this detailed removal guide.... http://www.ths.snapalbum.co.uk/TSFI%...structions.pdf
    Absolutely loving my Golf R and hearing the Miss' scream when it come's on boost!!

Users Country Flag
    Hey guys, relised this thread was started years ago tho just a quick question. I removed my front bumper to install some fog light grills and when trying to put it back on all was well until it came to popping in the clips on either side. It all lines up but the clips just won’t grab. Is there anything I can do or should I just take it to VW ?

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Yeah those black long clip/support bracket thingy's on each side under the headlight can be a bit fiddly. Just make sure that the notches on the bumper bar and slotting in to the correct spot on the brackets, and then give the bumper a good tap with the palm of your hand to click them in.

Users Country Flag

Have you searched another source to found golf mk 6 gti?