Thread: Help with RNS510 code

Help with RNS510 code

Hi all,

I was able to get an rns510 on eBay. Unfortunately the previous owner did not have the pin and am unable to install it in my mk6 GTI.

Any suggestions on how I can decode please?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Joey,
    I just saw your post, and this might be a along shot but,

You could always call VW and give them the serial number (not generic model number) of your head unit with proof of purchase from the original/previous owner and there may be a database that they can search and give you the code. Alternatively I'm not sure of the company (such as Sony, Dolby, Alpine etc.) But the company responsible for manufacturing the head unit may also be able to search a database and give you a code, that may be a slightly more tricky and longer process.

See how the option of calling VW goes, they may give you the company responsible for making the head unit and tell you to contact them. Hopefully one of those options works for you.

A third alternate option is to have a techy orientated person look at it. Software is software after all. The code will be buried deep with its coding program and algorithm. However simply resetting or basically wiping the program could lead to the head unit being a complete paperweight or not working the way it should (for example the power on/off button may turn into a selection button and everything could work completely backwards with no logic or not work at all) but if they know what they are doing then they could definitely figure out or change the code to 1234 for example.
    I would try VW and then the head unit manufacturer first. Let us all know how you go. I have one person that when I am talking to them next I will query them on this subject for you.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

eBay for the code too. Search 'RNS radio code'

Hi Connor,

Thanks for the response.

I will give your suggestion a go. I will call VW tomorrow. The previous owner of the head unit has been helpful and will get in touch when he gets back as he is away.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk