Support VWWC

Thread: Gti turbo turbo muffler and pipe

Users Country Flag

Gti turbo turbo muffler and pipe

Hi Golf 6 people,

I've gotten cracking on my little project of fitting a Golf Mk6 Gti turbo to a 1.8T 20V in a Polo 9N3 Gti:
    https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f112/gti-ihi-turbo-onto-polo-gti-1-8t-126634.html

Im in need of either a turbo muffler delete fitting that deletes the boost pipe that clicks into the turbo discharge replacing it with a pipe end that I can run an elbow off ..........OR ..........just the OE part that clicks into the turbo muffler that has a short rubber hose tail on it.

I'd be happy enough with the latter OE fitting but for the life of me cannot find the part anywhere - all searches just lead to aftermarket turbo muffler deletes and replacement pipes for the hard plastic boost pipe that runs under the crank. Plus I'm lookingfor a part that I dont even know what it really looks like. My similar 1.8T 20V click fitting hose part isnt a match.

So if anyone can has the OE parts laying around after doing a turbo muffler delete, or has a turbo muffler delete fitting spare (just the part that fits into the turbo compressor housing discharge), or can help with the part number of the short pipe that clicks into the turbo muffler then please let me know
    thanks
    sam

Users Country Flag
    Pretty certain I have the OEM part you need Sam. Will check the garage this arvo after work.

I fitted a turbo muffler delete kit to my Mk6 GTI when I had it, so this is the OEM piece that I removed.

I fitted the Spulen muffler delete kit to my car. If you scroll through the photos they show a few of the OEM ones so you can see how they look. Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete - SE-003 - 7477
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 31-01-2020 at 02:59 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Just spent a good bit of time checking for clearances and it seems that in the Polo chassis, I wont have sufficient room to be able to retain the factory turbo muffler fitting. The body of it would be 10mm through the chassis rail! So yeah I've just discovered that I am in fact forced to run a turbo muffler delete so that I can run a 90 degree silicon bend straight off a short pipe stub which'll give me enough room - literally flush fit so I'm banking on my vibratechnics engine mounts not letting the thing move at all. See!, I'm not a choo choo tragic I HAVE to get a turbo muffler delete ha ha appreciate you looking into it though.. Thx

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sambb View Post
    Just spent a good bit of time checking for clearances and it seems that in the Polo chassis, I wont have sufficient room to be able to retain the factory turbo muffler fitting. The body of it would be 10mm through the chassis rail! So yeah I've just discovered that I am in fact forced to run a turbo muffler delete so that I can run a 90 degree silicon bend straight off a short pipe stub which'll give me enough room - literally flush fit so I'm banking on my vibratechnics engine mounts not letting the thing move at all. See!, I'm not a choo choo tragic I HAVE to get a turbo muffler delete ha ha appreciate you looking into it though.. Thx
    All good Sam - i do have the part if you decide that you do need it. Just shoot me a PM if that's the case. But the muffler delete kits are more compact like you said and a better design.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler