Thread: GTD door puddle lights

Users Country Flag

GTD door puddle lights

I have a 2011 MK6 MY12 GTD. I recently bought some LED puddle lights that are meant to replace the red reflector at the bottom of the front doors. The problem is there is no wiring harness there although I believe it is variant specific and the GTI has the harness. So I’m wondering if anybody has had a similar issue and how to resolve it. I’m guessing it would involve a module in the canbus but I’d appreciate any pointers as I’ve hit a brick wall. Thanks all!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GTD AYO View Post
    I have a 2011 MK6 MY12 GTD. I recently bought some LED puddle lights that are meant to replace the red reflector at the bottom of the front doors. The problem is there is no wiring harness there although I believe it is variant specific and the GTI has the harness. So I’m wondering if anybody has had a similar issue and how to resolve it. I’m guessing it would involve a module in the canbus but I’d appreciate any pointers as I’ve hit a brick wall. Thanks all!
    Dont know about that model but the Tiguan which also can be done the same has a diagram to wire them into the door modules TIgger73 put up a thread on how to do it

Look here Installation of Door Warning Lights for Mk2 Tiguan (DIY)
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 10-12-2020 at 11:42 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan