Thread: Golf TDI Cranking but won't fire - Fuel Pump?

Golf TDI Cranking but won't fire - Fuel Pump?

Hi All,

Long time lurker first time poster. After around 230,000km of trouble free driving, I have finally hit a snag in my 2009 Mk6 Golf TDI 2.0.

Driving the car the day before, put my foot down to overtake and the car shuddered and lost power before continuing on without fault. Didn't think anything of it.

Approximately 24 hours later, started the car. Took off from the curb, almost immediately (say 10-15km/hr) the car stuttered and then stalled. I was unable to start it again after 2 attempts- the car was cranking well but not firing.

My readings seem to think it could be a problem with the HPFP. Ive checked all the fuses and the glow plugs appear to be operating normally. From my diagnostics fuel seems to be getting to the filter. Which makes me think the HPFP.

If anyone could point me in the direction of someone in the Sydney Area (mobile mechanic?) who might be able to do some further diagnostics on the issue, that would be greatly appreciated before I make the decision on whether or not to tow it to get fixed!

I am in the same position at the moment, came back to my work office parked(2:30pm) then tried starting the car when leaving work(3:30Pm)not starting.

It's almost like there is no fuel going to the engine.