Page 2 of 130 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf R Specifications and Prices

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharkablue View Post
    LOL! I wouldnt call 'Different seats' an upgrade... The standard Jacky seats on the GTI imo blow the standard R seats away!
    I'd call it a MAJOR upgrade ... the Jacky seats are only good if you want your retinas scorched as you climb into the car .....

Quote Originally Posted by pologti18t View Post
    Of course people have forgotten that VW seems to have no issues discounting the GTI (on roads for nothing at the moment) . This may not be the case with the R .
    Agree, $38990 driveaway (before negotiation & corporate discount) for a 3dr manual Red GTI is a VERY good price ..... but its the same justification the 118TSI buyers had before the GTI came out .... for all its worh it now is merely a model in the Golf range and not King of the Hill anymore ....
    Last edited by Sharkie; 08-06-2010 at 05:16 PM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Thanks for the info Corey! Im not in the market for an R but i would seem VW has got the price right. Ill keep dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by coreying View Post
    3 Door DSG $50,990
    Nice!

Was that new BT kit factory or dealer fit, the price isn't so bad and if its better than the other options might be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermot View Post
    How do you guys manage to get pricing before we do?
    VWA really does have the worst kept secrets!

Users Country Flag
    Only if australia brings in the Scirocco R. Thats what i want.
    | GTI | Red | 3 dr|

If anyone needs a new computer please visit this website http://compulse.yolasite.com/ . Guaranteed cheapest in Brisbane.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by AznGti View Post
    Only if australia brings in the Scirocco R. Thats what i want.
    Scirocco R's now available in DSG from a dealer in Sydney .... $79990 driveaway .... see the latest Motor magazine for details.

And yes, its grey imports from NZ (fully complainced) .... the dealer expects to sell 20 a year ....
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by coreying View Post
    All the above pricing are RRP prices only, and do not include the extensive list of items which make up the "On Road" or "Drive Away" costs (dealer delivery, luxury car tax, stamp duty, registration, Compulsory Third Party-insurance, Number Plates, etc). These items will vary based on dealer, state, your residence post code, your age & driving history, and the options you select.
    This thread is useless without a calculator.xls

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Scirocco R's now available in DSG from a dealer in Sydney .... $79990 driveaway .... see the latest Motor magazine for details.

And yes, its grey imports from NZ (fully complainced) .... the dealer expects to sell 20 a year ....
    LOL crazy crazy people

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by dave- View Post
    This thread is useless without a calculator.xls
    I have one ready for NSW, apart from the "registration cost". Cars weighing (Tare) 1155kg to 1504kg cost $285 to register in NSW, and 1505kg to 2504kg costs $406.... I'm waiting to see whether the official specs for the R in Australia put it above or below or that! (It hopefully will since it's 1541kg in the UK with a 68kg driver)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermot View Post
    How do you guys manage to get pricing before we do?
    Have to agree...i have been breaking my dealers nuts as my finance company is pestering me for an invoice for my Golf R so they can pay for it!!!!

Users Country Flag
    the email we got today said that the 3dr DSG R was $49, something a rather ( cant remember specifically!) where did you get your prices from?? not the $50k u said in the first thread..

I personally cant wait till they come out, might even trade the mkIV in on a golf R...

** insert Tim Allen grunt here **

The only thing i know of that i dont like on them is that they're cambelt engines PAIN IN THE ARSE
    Last edited by brodzta_GTI; 08-06-2010 at 08:09 PM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by brodzta_GTI View Post
    the email we got today said that the 3dr DSG R was $49, something a rather ( cant remember specifically!) where did you get your prices from?? not the $50k u said in the first thread..

I personally cant wait till they come out, might even trade the mkIV in on a golf R...

** insert Tim Allen grunt here **

The only thing i know of that i dont like on them is that they're cambelt engines PAIN IN THE ARSE
    pricing is spot on....just had an email from my vw dealer with the rrp's as per coreying's post.

Page 2 of 130 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast