Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf R Specifications and Prices - 2nd Edition

Users Country Flag

I call bull***** on the people getting R's for $48,500 with 19's..

If it is current model and brand new then i would love to see you post a pic of the quote up..

I could be wrong but it would have to be a demo at best.
    nom nom nom

Users Country Flag
    The demo in Chatswood Classic Cars that I took for a test spin had a ridiculous tag on it. $70K!! It had DCC, 19s, DSG, sunroof and sat nav. The dealer said with options and registered that 70K was reasonable!! For a base of 49.9K, that is a lot of extras lol. So when i see under $50K so-called "drive away" prices in here i cry a bit (i paid well over 50K for manual+sunroof+satnav).

Yes but what dates on the compliance it could be a runout 11 rather than a 12. Mine is still in transit from Germany so at least i know it is a 12 model (hopefully lol)

Users Country Flag
    Paul,
    what was the build week of your car and I'll tell you if it's a MY12 or a 12.5,
    AFAIK, all 12.5's are 2012 build and complianced (obviously)
    The cut off I think was week 2. Mine's a week 4 build and scheduled to land 22nd of March. add 2 weeks to clear patricks, and add 1 week for delivery (3 days actually).
    More opportunites have been lost from indecision, rather than wrong decision....

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by entice View Post
    Paul,
    what was the build week of your car and I'll tell you if it's a MY12 or a 12.5,
    AFAIK, all 12.5's are 2012 build and complianced (obviously)
    The cut off I think was week 2. Mine's a week 4 build and scheduled to land 22nd of March. add 2 weeks to clear patricks, and add 1 week for delivery (3 days actually).
    Looks like r's is on MANON? Mine is on MANON and due to dock at Port Kembla on 22nd March 2012 ...

Mine (GTI not R) was also week 4 built... so it means it is MY12.5 !

Cheers...
    GTI BY & MY 12.5 - 5 Door
    DSG, Carbon Steel, Bi-xenon, 18inch Detroit, ACC, Sunroof, RVC, Leather, Dynaudio & Window tint. GOT IT

Mine must be in the same shipment then so if i call the dealer they should be able to tell me the details? what tyres do they usually come with?

Also whats the difference between a my12 and 12.5?

Users Country Flag
    get the VIN from the dealer.
    Then use the websites that are listed on this forum (google "how to track the car" and select any of the VWW websites, page 1)

once you have the ship names you can follow them on Google Maps APRS or Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions if they are "in range".

My R is on the Tamerlane, and the wife's Passat is on the Torrens.
    More opportunites have been lost from indecision, rather than wrong decision....

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulc1964au View Post
    Mine must be in the same shipment then so if i call the dealer they should be able to tell me the details? what tyres do they usually come with?

Also whats the difference between a my12 and 12.5?
    Yes Paul,

If ur car is on the same boat, ur dealer for sure is able to provide u the VIN and from that you can track r car urself (which i do at leat 2 times a day !

Don't think there is any major difference between 12 and 12.5.... may some software upgrade.... !

Cheers,
    GTI BY & MY 12.5 - 5 Door
    DSG, Carbon Steel, Bi-xenon, 18inch Detroit, ACC, Sunroof, RVC, Leather, Dynaudio & Window tint. GOT IT

thanks guys the dealer will be hearing from me in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by nickkyd View Post
    got quoted on friday with corperate discount..cant decide what to get!!

5 door white golf gti manual with detroits and reverse camera - 40500

5 door white golf r manual with black 19s - 48500

I have a brand new golf gti 5 door manual in red with no options for $37,888. might be able to get a black one which would be $500 extra.

Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast