Support VWWC

Page 3 of 651 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf R Observations and Questions

Quote Originally Posted by elisiX View Post
    hmm.. I picked up my GTI 20th May - no CD in the glove box - no idea what version its running.

2010 built GTI obviously. I wonder if I should have V3 included or provided to me at this stage.
    I think you should certainly have V3 installed — probably also the CD for it supplied (you should have received a CD with the car — did you?)

My TDI just had its first service and they upgraded the satnav to V3 when I grizzled about all the mapping errors I was finding — some of them are fixed in V3 but not all ( last Saturday it piloted me into the delivery area of a K-Mart store and wanted me to turn left through the brick wall of the shop — the street I should have been in was 100 metres away and once I got into the right street it knew where my destination street number was.)

Still doesn't include lots of country roads that our cheap portable device knows all about, either (and both units have maps from the same source (Sensis/Whereis) so you'd think they'd be identical.)

As the Yanks say, "go figure".

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipVWDealer View Post
    Voice control works on all Nav cars fitted after week46 last year..
    Thanks for that. My voice control would always give me 'The currently selected language is not supported'. I went into the language setting and it was on 'English (male)', so I changed it to 'English' and voice control works now. But as you say it doesn't support voice control for Nav so its not of that much use.
    I have emailed the dealer regarding the Nav DVD and version.

I'm getting more used to the DSG, todays hiccup was me thinking I was in manual, accelerating off the lights and pushing the gear lever forward for second. Unfortunately I was in D and ended up in Neutral with a revving engine and some funny looks.....
    I have also found a major problem with the car that I'm not sure I can live with. The horn. It is the most pathetic, high pitched, wussy, girly horn I have ever heard!!!!!
    2010 MY10 Golf R (Sold) - 5 Door, DSG, Rising Blue, Leather, ACC, Satnav, Dynadio, Sunroof, MDI, Electric Seat.
    2015 MY16 Golf GTI - 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Grey, Leather, Sunroof, DAP.

Isn't the horn like the GTI, 2 tone euro sounding?

That's easy enough to change anyway, I wouldn't sell the car lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HPSOV View Post
    Thanks for that. My voice control would always give me 'The currently selected language is not supported'. I went into the language setting and it was on 'English (male)', so I changed it to 'English' and voice control works now. But as you say it doesn't support voice control for Nav so its not of that much use.
    I have emailed the dealer regarding the Nav DVD and version.

I'm getting more used to the DSG, todays hiccup was me thinking I was in manual, accelerating off the lights and pushing the gear lever forward for second. Unfortunately I was in D and ended up in Neutral with a revving engine and some funny looks.....
    I have also found a major problem with the car that I'm not sure I can live with. The horn. It is the most pathetic, high pitched, wussy, girly horn I have ever heard!!!!!
    You can tell the Nav to turn map on and off though and change scale as well as change compass and also givee verbal radio functions like change station to gold fm.. Even screen off. Even track changes. . Not all bad news.. I have not tried Points of interest on the new version three like petrol stations or Canberra International airport. Try those things and let me know how you go.. All my cars with nav are still in transport mode so I can't try it.. The working one I have is in the showroom so it can't see the sky.. lol
    Phillip Fairhall
    Brand Manager
    Rolfe Renault / Audi Centre Canberra
    Melrose Drive Phillip ACT

Users Country Flag
    I've used Nav a few times to give me the best route home when I am somewhere random.

It's programmed to know my voice for "Navigation" and then.. "Home".. it takes me home as I saved my address.
    2019 BMW M3 CS

Quote Originally Posted by Dermot View Post
    No, Not with Sport mode. Shifting the gear lever into Sport or into Tiptronic overrides the action of the paddles. The car will take its primary instructions from the location of the shift lever.
    I just tested it on the way home, and you can definitely override D and S mode with the paddles, and also hold down the upshift paddle to get back to D and S auto modes...

Users Country Flag
    S Mode is brilliant....

For running the engine in.
    I wouldnt want it to labour around at low revs at run in.

Dunno about you guys, But I found that the DSG pattern of change has altered since delivery of teh vehicle.. Or maybe I have...
    More opportunites have been lost from indecision, rather than wrong decision....

I just discovered another feature of my car!
    Despite having 18" wheels I have the black headlights! I only realised when I read on another forum that only the 19" wheels come with the wheel arch lips, but I thought hmmm I have the wheel arch lips. So straight to the garage and sure enough, black headlights, wheel arch lips and missing screws from the wheel arches.
    When I picked the car up I did read something in the dealers paperwork that said 'wheel swap', I asked what that was and she just said it came with 19" wheels but they swapped them onto another car. I never put two and two together to realise that meant I got black headlights! I always thought my car looked better than the others
    2010 MY10 Golf R (Sold) - 5 Door, DSG, Rising Blue, Leather, ACC, Satnav, Dynadio, Sunroof, MDI, Electric Seat.
    2015 MY16 Golf GTI - 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Grey, Leather, Sunroof, DAP.

Well depends what you wanted, there could be a fair bit of wheel swaping going on soon i feel.. not everyone wants 19" or black headlights.

Users Country Flag

Yeah - glad you like the black headlights... I'm not a fan, especially on the Rising Blue

Page 3 of 651 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast