Thread: Golf MK6 Light bar wiring.

Cool Golf MK6 Light bar wiring.

Hi Guys!

Looking for some assistance on building up a golf mk6 for a trip to Uluru!

My plans far my plans are to add roof racks with a pod, fridge in the boot with 100ah AGM with redarc charger in the rear passenger footwell.

Now I have an existing light bar from an older ute. I want to fit this to the golf. I have identified that pin 8 a black and white wire is the high beam (+) and brown wire 5 is the ground (-) for the headlight plug. I have a relay based light bar wire to allow the light bar to draw power from the battery compared to the existed wiring and just use the splice to signal on and off.I understand that this will work but want to know the implications for the light lamp warning on the dash. I understand that it is based on resistance which is why resistors need to be used when installing different head lights but this circuit is merely a tap to trigger a relay.
    Does anyone happen to know the resistance required to trigger the warning lamp in the cluster? Is it a range or more of a if resistance is to low, trigger warning light? Is there an upper limit?

I know this is the intro section but any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Users Country Flag

Hi Cyprella,
    Old thread resurrection.

How did you go with adding the light bar? I want to do the same on my daughter's Golf Mk6.

I've checked the wiring pinouts and found the colours as per your post above. The high beam is pin 8, but the colour is purple/white, not black/white. But it is a dark purple.
    I was going to trace these back to the main electrical control module.

Anyway, if you read this thread let me know how you went.
    Thanks.