Golf Girls 103TDI Build

Golf Model: 2012 Mk6 2.0 103TDI Comfortline Bluemotion

Started out nice and stock

First thing I did was put on the OEM door sills on front and back doors:
    Front door
    Back door

Put the OEM loading sill on the back

And the OEM luggage compartment tray

A good start to making my golf a little bit different.

Then I added custom made front seat covers.
    Pic will be added later.

Then I bought a second hand OEM GTI front bumper for the eventual conversion to bi-xenon at a later date (to good a price to leave). Not installed yet.

After that I decided to concentrate on getting the OEM RNS510 and OEM Highline RVC.
    Got lucky with a cheap one from ebay.

Original unit. What is it a RCD310?

And the RNS510 in all its glory.

Then I was convinced to get the windows tinted by my fiancé Matt.
    It's looking super bad ass now with the 35% tint.

Up next was the fantastic DSG and ECU RD Technik tune. With even better fuel economy and an excellent increase of power and torque I consider this a fantastic mod.

Golf at the wheel before tune: 77kw and 355nm
    Golf at the wheel tuned: 100.1kw and 459nm
    30% increase across the curve.

Best figures. But at the end of the tank of diesel it came to 1200km at about 4litres/100km.

Next was the highline RVC which shows it working with guidance lines and no calibration done.
    Big thanks go to Tigger73 for the loan of the VCDS cable.

Matt and I then played with the VCDS and enabled:

Enable Emergency Braking Hazard Lights
    Enable Tear Drop Wiping on Rear Wiper
    Tried the needle dance but wouldn't work (not a gti)
    Automatic closing of windows when rain detected on the windscreen

5/1/2015

Have the GTI steering wheel installed It feels much lighter than the standard wheel.
    This was the biggest modding hassle I've had so far. Murphy's Law decided to hit me hard on this one.

Wheel came second hand from somebody that used it in their non-GTI Polo and assured (and Matt did research) me that my airbag would fit it. No, it didn't fit.

Bought a brand new OEM airbag destined for a Transporter that was never used. Assured (with Matt doing research) would be perfect. The wiring harness didn't have the connection to make the multi function steering wheel buttons work. *sigh*

Bought a brand new wiring harness from ebay. Not OEM (the only thing in my car that isn't) but for $20 from China I couldn't complain.

Yes I can complain as while it was all stored together one of the metal crimped clips for the horn broke off. Matt did some nifty soldering and heat shrinking using bits from the harness that came with the airbag that we couldn't use and were back on track.

Installed without a hitch and Tigger73 was generous to lend us his Ross-Tech cable for coding the flappy paddles.

Overall spend about $820.00. Buying second hand really helped to keep the price down

Sorry guys I don't know why my edited post has put the pics in twice.
    Things I want to get:
    Ross Tech VCDS cable.
    GTD clip for steering wheel
    Chrome window buttons
    LED interior light conversion
    Replace red reflectors with LED lights in front doors
    R tail lights
    GTI accelerator/brake peddles
    Euro Numberplate
    Bi-Xenons
    Leather interior from a Mk6 Highline
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Golf Girls 103TDI Build-20131202_172543-jpg   Golf Girls 103TDI Build-dsc_0934-jpg  

Golf Girls 103TDI Build-20130209_114434-jpg   Golf Girls 103TDI Build-front-door-sil-jpg  

Golf Girls 103TDI Build-back-door-sil-jpg   Golf Girls 103TDI Build-loading-sill-protection-jpg  

Golf Girls 103TDI Build-luggage-compartment-tray-jpg   Golf Girls 103TDI Build-dsc_0064-jpg  

Golf Girls 103TDI Build-20131202_085927-jpg   Golf Girls 103TDI Build-dsc_0922-jpg  

Golf Girls 103TDI Build-img_4503-copy-jpg   Golf Girls 103TDI Build-10382132_526720207473238_4468986926654172108_o-remove-rego-jpg  

Golf Girls 103TDI Build-10410573_526729050805687_3483958293814017929_n-jpg   Golf Girls 103TDI Build-20131211_170127-jpg  

Golf Girls 103TDI Build-10582241_605361529580669_740490357_n-remove-rego-jpg   Golf Girls 103TDI Build-dsc_1096-jpg  

Last edited by Golf Girl; 15-01-2015 at 07:15 AM.
    MY17 Arteon | 206TSI R-Line | Manganese Grey Metallic | Front window tint 35% | Stage 1: ECU Racing Line tune, DSG APR tune, R600 intake bundle |

MY12 GOLF Mk6 103TDI Comfortline | Shark Blue | RD Technik Stage 1 Tune | DSG Tune | RNS510 | Highline RVC | Window tint 35% | GTI steering wheel |
    See build: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ild-99394.html

Hi and welcome Golf Girl.

Sounds like you've fallen in love with your VW (like many others here).

You should find a bunch of useful information here in terms of aftermarket upgrades to keep your Golf-love going.

Also feel free to come along to some of our events - we have a small female contingent but always good to see new faces.

Check out the events section for details: SA Adelaide: Monthly Coffee & Drive Meet - Discussion Thread

Upcoming event is a coffee night which is on next Wednesday if you're interested.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Welcome Golf Girl

Welcome Emma!
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Greetings from a newbie mk6 golf

On second thoughts it may be a bit of a drive for you to attend... Will be down in the Mount in a couple of weeks maybe we can organise a mini VWW coffee night mid-week if you're interested (and also know some other VW owners in the area).

Suggest door warning lights as a good mod for future... and mirror puddle lights if you're keen. Given that you're part way through a bi-xenon upgrade and changing the front end these should be a walk in the park once you've done this mod in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tigger73; 26-08-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the warm welcome Tigger73, Mr_VRS and AdamD

Adam and Tigger73 both your cars are gorgeous.
    So many mods on the Tiguan are awesome, and I love the red GTI. Red makes everything go faster.

Tigger you have earned your name being a super moderator. How did you figure out I was in the Mount? I'm usually very careful about giving out my location (being a girl etc..)
    I only know one other couple locally with a VW (my fiance's aunt and uncle) but I'm sure we can either advertise or it'll be a nice small meeting. But I'd love a meet-up and see your Tiguan.

Things to do: Rear badge reverse camera (got the parts just need an installer and VAG-COM), Chrome window buttons, Pop hatch kit, Euro number plate, Leather seats (highline, not gti), Fog lights, Bi-Xenon headlights (got the front bumper), R-Line LED taillights, Stage 1 Tune (in the next week or two) going to have dyno tests.

I have barely started with the Bi-xenon. I have a GTI bumper (wrong colour) with fog lights but no water bottle or the wiring for the fogs. I am trying to do as much OEM as possible but they are super expensive and more on the back burner until I get all the parts first.

Have had lots of trouble with the rear badge camera. Been to 2 local installers (one being the local authorised service centre) and neither had software that would work with the camera. So-called genuine part but wont work with VW own software? *sigh* I just want it done. Will probably need a trip to Melbourne for installation.

The door warning lights? Interesting, is that changing them to LED lights?
    I am always open to ideas for mods.
    Car is still under warranty so I am bit picky what I'll do before it runs out.

Oh and I have no mechanical experience at all. I can check the oil, water in the washer, and possibly change a tyre but no other experience. My fiance Matt has lots of experience and can service his own Ford. Has recently changed his entire interior for leather seats, door cards, and put premium sound in his XR6.

Long live VW (especially mine).
    MY17 Arteon | 206TSI R-Line | Manganese Grey Metallic | Front window tint 35% | Stage 1: ECU Racing Line tune, DSG APR tune, R600 intake bundle |

MY12 GOLF Mk6 103TDI Comfortline | Shark Blue | RD Technik Stage 1 Tune | DSG Tune | RNS510 | Highline RVC | Window tint 35% | GTI steering wheel |

Quote Originally Posted by Golf Girl View Post
    Adam and Tigger73 both your cars are gorgeous.
    So many mods on the Tiguan are awesome, and I love the red GTI. Red makes everything go faster.
    Thanks. It has taken a couple of years to do all the work and now the mods are slowing down and I'm enjoying driving it.

Tigger you have earned your name being a super moderator. How did you figure out I was in the Mount? I'm usually very careful about giving out my location (being a girl etc..)
    I only know one other couple locally with a VW (my fiance's aunt and uncle) but I'm sure we can either advertise or it'll be a nice small meeting. But I'd love a meet-up and see your Tiguan.
    Some of your profile pics gave a clue - mainly the pictures at the dealers (sad but I know all the SA VW dealers showrooms). I also travel around the state as part of my job so occasionally drop into various dealers to have a look at new models/find out what info dealers have on upcoming releases.

Things to do: Rear badge reverse camera (got the parts just need an installer and VAG-COM), Chrome window buttons, Pop hatch kit, Euro number plate, Leather seats (highline, not gti), Fog lights, Bi-Xenon headlights (got the front bumper), R-Line LED taillights, Stage 1 Tune (in the next week or two) going to have dyno tests.

I have barely started with the Bi-xenon. I have a GTI bumper (wrong colour) with fog lights but no water bottle or the wiring for the fogs. I am trying to do as much OEM as possible but they are super expensive and more on the back burner until I get all the parts first.

Have had lots of trouble with the rear badge camera. Been to 2 local installers (one being the local authorised service centre) and neither had software that would work with the camera. So-called genuine part but wont work with VW own software? *sigh* I just want it done. Will probably need a trip to Melbourne for installation.
    There should be some install threads around the place / youtube vids of these installations to help you/your boyfriend or whoever is doing the install. I'd aslo recommend either getting or finding someone that knows what they're doing to do some VCDS tweaks (i.e. enabling settings when you install the various components).

I believe Transporter (forum sponsor/admin) who has a mobile service business comes down your way - perhaps worth talking to him and he may be able to help out with servicing and some of the upgrades you have planned.

The door warning lights? Interesting, is that changing them to LED lights?
    I am always open to ideas for mods.
    Car is still under warranty so I am bit picky what I'll do before it runs out.
    Door warning lights replace the little reflectors in the bottom of the doors and come on when you open the door. They have these in Europe as standard but we just get the cheap reflector. It's a nice mod to put the OEM wiring and light back in.

Oh and I have no mechanical experience at all. I can check the oil, water in the washer, and possibly change a tyre but no other experience. My fiance Matt has lots of experience and can service his own Ford. Has recently changed his entire interior for leather seats, door cards, and put premium sound in his XR6.
    Sounds like you've got a handy husband-to-be (always useful). You should be able to do a LED upgrade on the interior lights though - just change all the bulbs for LEDs. Two of my wifes favourite upgrades were the interior LEDs and the chrome window buttons. Small things that are finishing touches that are pretty easy and require no changes to wiring etc. If your BF has had door trims off before this should be easy for him.

Tigger you have earned your name being a super moderator. How did you figure out I was in the Mount?
    He's a super stalker!

Here are some useful DIY resources, that you could potentially show to a local installer who should be able to follow them:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...tml#post697593
    DIY Rear View Camera (RVC) installation on Golf "R".
    OEM backup camera installation for mk5-mk6 VW Golf hatch badge | VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze diesel forum

Just be aware, before you go too far down this path, that doing an OEM HID retrofit legally will cost at least $4k in parts and labour. It's a huge job and most all people end up deciding it's not worth the cost and effort. Obviously in addition to the HIDs themselves there's the ballasts, water washers, and various sensors over the car for the mandatory auto-levelling. It's a massive undertaking. There aren't any great DIYs that I know of, but there are sellers who offer installation services in some states (inc Adelaide and Melbourne). Just don't be shocked by the cost!

Stage 1 Tune (in the next week or two)
    Which tune are you thinking of for the TDI? I know Oettinger do a good TDI tune, but I'm not sure of any dealers down your way.

R-Line LED taillights
    As per my reply to you in the Mk6 LEDs thread, your CECM should be fine as-is, and you should only need the tails themselves (and adapters). I and many others bought these from a German VW dealer and saved quite a bit over some of the other sellers. Check the first post in that thread for details and links.

Have fun with your VW, and hope to see you at one of our meets if you make it up to Adelaide occasionally!
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post

Some of your profile pics gave a clue - mainly the pictures at the dealers (sad but I know all the SA VW dealers showrooms).
    Ah sneaky. Well I'm safe knowing not many people can figure out what you did lol.

There should be some install threads around the place / youtube vids of these installations to help you/your boyfriend or whoever is doing the install. I'd aslo recommend either getting or finding someone that knows what they're doing to do some VCDS tweaks (i.e. enabling settings when you install the various components).

I believe Transporter (forum sponsor/admin) who has a mobile service business comes down your way - perhaps worth talking to him and he may be able to help out with servicing and some of the upgrades you have planned.
    I don't know anyone down in this area that has VCDS or VAG-COM. If I could afford it I'd think about investing in the software myself as most people seem to be 500km away from me.

I think I know who you are talking about. Do you know anyone that he's done work for?

Door warning lights replace the little reflectors in the bottom of the doors and come on when you open the door.

You should be able to do a LED upgrade on the interior lights though - just change all the bulbs for LEDs. Two of my wifes favourite upgrades were the interior LEDs and the chrome window buttons.
    I really like the idea of the door warning lights. And the interior lights sounds nice and easy. I have planned to change the window buttons but it's not cheap if I keep with my OEM plan.
    Of course if I wanted to stop complaining about money I probably shouldn't have bought a VW.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
    Here are some useful DIY resources, that you could potentially show to a local installer who should be able to follow them:
    Thanks

Just be aware, before you go too far down this path, that doing an OEM HID retrofit legally will cost at least $4k in parts and labour.
    Yep I'm well aware of the cost involved.
    I live in the country and most nights I drive home in the dark on highways with lots of kangaroos around.
    I consider while it's incredibly expensive its a worth while mod to do. (and as a added bonus they look mega amazballs.)
    I found a forum link that had a list of parts a person needs to do it

Its a job I'll probably pay to have done considering the work involved.

Which tune are you thinking of for the TDI? I know Oettinger do a good TDI tune, but I'm not sure of any dealers down your way.
    I was leaning towards Oettinger but travelling is always an issue. But my local tuner that works on Fords and Holden's has agreed venture into the euro diesel market and work with AP Tuning using RD Technik tunes. The local tuner, AP Tuning and Matt and myself are very excited about the results and my dyno runs will be used for advertising (teehee!). I'll be doing a proper review on it all on watercooled and vwgolf forums. I've had the DSG tune already done (and boy I feel a change in the car already), getting the ecu tune soon and then what they call a RDT-Shift-PLUS later on.

A little bit of me would have liked a well known brand tune. But this will be custom tuned on a dyno and I'll have local backup, instead of having to travel 500km for anything. And to good a deal to pass up.

As per my reply to you in the Mk6 LEDs thread, your CECM should be fine as-is, and you should only need the tails themselves (and adapters). I and many others bought these from a German VW dealer and saved quite a bit over some of the other sellers.
    I only asked because on jku's website on the part it says I need a highline cecm. Which I'll need anyway for the bi-xenons.

Oh I always have fun in my car. Everytime I get into it, it puts a big grin on my face.
    You never know I might once in a blue moon get to take time off and make it to Adelaide for a meet.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast