Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golf 118tsi MK6 1.4 Twin Charger Pinging issue

Users Country Flag

Waterpump and charger pulley could have failed. The solenoid to engage the charger could in theory still be electrically ok but not engage. I'd probably expect an under boost code but I'm not massively familiar with the twincharger.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the reply,

I removed the water pump yesterday, Added 12volts to it and it engaged just fine... Although when its in the car it is intermittent. For example I put cruise control on today at 100kmph around 2000RPM and you can feel the pulley engage and disengage non stop.

I am not 100 Percent sure what is causing it and no error codes.

I will keep you guys posted if i find the fix.

If you are putting it above 4000 rpm and letting it coast there, that in itself is not too much of a good idea. lol but thats your choice

I would have a tendency to think that your friend could be right. High RPMs can cause certain vibrations, and if you have a heat shield somewhere that is loose, due to slamming the underside coming off a road bump or something...

Does the pitch of the sound change with the engine's sound pitch? if so, then that would make it related directly to the engine. If not, by guess would be a loose part... like I said, probably a heat shield.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12