Thread: Downpipes

Downpipes

Hey guys and girls, first post here, I'm sure this has already been brought up many times in the past but can't seem to find a post which answers my question.

So I drive a Stage 1 mk6 GTI @178kw

Will be going stage 2 at tax return time, but will be needing a down pipe, I've currently got a miltek sports catback and I love the sound but would love to make it a little bit louder and have a deeper note to it as well as some overrun on the idle downshifts, has anyone used or heard of a down pipe that will allow for such things or am I dreaming?

So to summarise this ^^ I'm after a decent down pipe to allow a deeper note and much needed performance gains!

Thanks for reading can't wait to hear from some of you soon!

- Tom (Perth WA)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hey Tom, I am in the same boat, but I have seen one by Empire Performance and they are also based in Perth

VW Golf GTi MK5 / MK6 2.0T 2004 - 2013 VOLKSWAGEN 3" INCH DUMP DOWN PIPE | eBay

have heard some good reviews on this item. Hopefully some one on here has a some info on these.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Play View Post
    Hey Tom, I am in the same boat, but I have seen one by Empire Performance and they are also based in Perth

VW Golf GTi MK5 / MK6 2.0T 2004 - 2013 VOLKSWAGEN 3" INCH DUMP DOWN PIPE | eBay

have heard some good reviews on this item. Hopefully some one on here has a some info on these.
    I've heard mixed reviews between a dump pipe vs downpipe that's the only reason I haven't scooped this up as it's only $399 or something like that Downpipesnot sure ahhhh too many decisions

Users Country Flag
    That downpipe posted is a catless which you don't want if you want to keep things legal...

adding a downpipe and a stage 2 tune which will remove a possible CEL from the dp will give your exhaust a deeper note
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R

Quote Originally Posted by TomsMkVI View Post
    I've heard mixed reviews between a dump pipe vs downpipe that's the only reason I haven't scooped this up as it's only $399 or something like that Downpipesnot sure ahhhh too many decisions

I am sure that's a downpipe and they are going for about $220 delivered, will be trying it out.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Play View Post
    I am sure that's a downpipe and they are going for about $220 delivered, will be trying it out.
    Hmmmmmm, sounds pretty cheap to me Downpipesneeds to be able to handle S2 without CEL light and decent sound, might just wait a week and grab a miltek DP to match my catback