Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Discount on demo prices?

I Adelaide they didnt even want to sell Demo since it was the only GTI in there.... just FYI
    His: Golf6 5door GTI DSG Carbon Sunroof MDI and 18" Drag rims + sticker that gives extra horse power
    Hers: Skoda Kodiaq Tech/Lux pack and sunroof

guest12345 Guest

From the "demos" i've seen in Sydney, most dealers seem to say the price is none negotiable as cars as in such a demand, there is no need. Same with new cars.

i also found that, golf demos shouldn't be classified as a "demo" as such, considering a mk6 demo i saw at Barloworld Mascot had 8000km on it! Most demos in less demanded cars have much less kms such as 2000-3000km max. Those should definitely be at 2nd hand prices, and when i asked them why the prices are so high, the guy just said we are not allowed to lower the price because if you don't buy it someone else will, in a nicer way of saying it.

So basically saying, i wouldn't really recommend people to buy demos from dealers, because most likely they would of been treated much worst than a 2nd hand from a dealer or private seller with low kms. As when i drive a demo, i drive the crap out of them, but when i buy a new car, i drive it much nicer as it is my own car (but you also have people who trash theirs, so there is a risk).

I bought a 2nd hand pirelli fully optioned, with 8000km on it (from a mazda dealer), and i also saw a mk5 and mk6 gti at barloworld with similar kms, but both priced 4-5k more!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123