Thread: Clutch bleeder valve popping off transmission/slave side

Clutch bleeder valve popping off transmission/slave side

I'm performing the clutch delay valve removal (removed the orifice in the clutch bleeding block). I was having trouble bleeding, and then it popped off the nipple coming out of the transmission side. It seems I can't get the pin to seat properly in its groove.

The locating stub at the bottom is going into its groove, but it seems still the nipple is not quite going in far enough.

I'm pretty stuck here and might get it towed to a mechanic.

Anyone have experience with this and might know what could be going on here?

I can physically pull it off by hand even when I think it's all clicked in correctly. The other side going to the flexible line was not a problem

Ok I managed to get it the next day. I can't quite work out what the main difference in technique was, but when I put it back on, I left the hose off on the other end to get a better grip, and using the better available daylight I could see the mark on the nipple indicating how far the valve had been sitting on prior and it usually was coming up about 2mm short. After more attempts, not a great deal of force but perhaps a reasonable shove, it went a bit further with a subtle click. And then the giveaway that it was finally on: when the split pin was pushed down, it went down much easier, and once down, it could wiggle/rotate easily in place. (Before it was right as it was only partially in the groove or not in it at all.)

Also a big lesson I learnt when bleeding it, make sure the car is on very level ground. My car was facing a little diwn hill, and due to the nature of the split reservoir for brake and clutch, I needed the reservoir overfilled between each cycle. Spilt a lot of oil as a result of needing it so full but eventually got it.

Clutch is so much nicer now. Feels like it should. And combined with a clutch travel stop, am very happy with the new Sachs SRE clutch with DMF
    (Engagement point is very high and travel stop is key)

Users Country Flag
    By the looks of the replys on all the recent posts I think this foruim is a bit dead

Users Country Flag

The Mk6 section is pretty dead these days as most people have moved onto either the Mk7 or different cars entirely.

And as I have previously owned a manual Mk6 GTI and Mk6 R, the amount of manuals vs DSG is tiny so most people wouldnt have a clue regarding the clutch bleeder.

Good to hear you got it sorted though. ECS Tuning also sell an upgraded clutch bleeder block with the restrictor removed if you ever feel like changing your out.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler