Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catalytic converter warning light

Users Country Flag

Question Catalytic converter warning light

This yellow warning light has come on and is a steady (not flashing) light. I rang VW and the young lady couldn't get me through to anyone in the service department but her opinion was that I should bring it in to be checked asap.
    What should I do? I have another few months / thousand kms before my next service.
    2010 | Mk 6 | Golf GTI | DSG | black | 18" Detroit's | MDI

Users Country Flag
    Any mechanic will be able to run a generic fault code scanner over your car to find out the issue - you don't need to go into VW unless you really want to.

Im the kind of person who wants to know immediately what the problem with the car is and then i can assess how i need to react - sometimes i need a new part, and other times its a weird one-off error that i don't worry about too much (eg i have an error for my charcoal canister that pops up every few months - eventually i'll buy a new one but it doesn't affect the car in any way so i just clear the error and go on my merry way).
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I agree and that is why I want someone to check it over. I'll ring around some of the local garages thanks.

Wait until the start of April when i have relocated to Perth! A constant light on a GTI will usually be the fuel tank vent system, but you need to get it looked at to confirm.
    Volks Handy
    Servicing - Repairs - Diagnostics - Mobile fault scanning/clearing - A/c work
    10 years experience working for Audi/VW/Skoda
    Now in Perth NOR, Western Australia.

@SnailStyle can you fix the fuel tank vent system at home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you believe it - the light has gone out!

They normally do go out. If it gets the valve stuck then the car may stall occasionally at idle, and the light will come back on. Best to get it scanned to confirm that is all it was. It's not a really hard job to do, but parts total about the $600 mark from memory.
    Volks Handy
    Servicing - Repairs - Diagnostics - Mobile fault scanning/clearing - A/c work
    10 years experience working for Audi/VW/Skoda
    Now in Perth NOR, Western Australia.

Parked at shops for two hours got in started up and the light is back on again. Will get it checked at a local mechanic next week

Automasters checked it out (for $75) and said this:
    "P0441 Evap emission control system incorrect flow and P02015 Intake manifold flap position sensor bank 1 implausible signal. Checked engine live data for any faults, none present. Please check and monitor fault, if engine light returns or engine performance is poor, please consider repair as soon as possible."
    They suggest that the intake manifold may need checking and replacing.

Found this thread on an American forum P2015 Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal - Page 6 - VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com where a number of owners have had the fault repaired under an extended warranty. Has VW offered this here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast