Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catalytic converter warning light

Hey Mate,

Mine went about a year and a half ago. Cost approx $1300 to VW to replace including labour, injector seals etc.

Tried for goodwill but no luck.

Less than 1 year later inlet manifold fails again. Inlet this time is free under warranty for the replaced part.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by millo View Post
    Hey Mate,

Mine went about a year and a half ago. Cost approx $1300 to VW to replace including labour, injector seals etc.

Tried for goodwill but no luck.

Less than 1 year later inlet manifold fails again. Inlet this time is free under warranty for the replaced part.
    Sorry to hear that. I rang VW and the service chick told me that they would probably charge me for the analysis of the warning light even though I have just had it done by Automasters citing that VW's equipment and systems are different and better.
    If I do take it to VW and ask them to fix it too will I only be charged for the labour and parts or will I also be charged for the initial analysis?
    2010 | Mk 6 | Golf GTI | DSG | black | 18" Detroit's | MDI

I'm in perth as of next week, tools however won't arrive for atleast a week after. Drop me a PM if you still need help with it.
    Volks Handy
    Servicing - Repairs - Diagnostics - Mobile fault scanning/clearing - A/c work
    10 years experience working for Audi/VW/Skoda
    Now in Perth NOR, Western Australia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12