Support VWWC

Thread: Buying VCDS

Users Country Flag

Buying VCDS

Hi guys,
    Sorry for my lack of knowledge with this topic however I was after a VCDS Ross-Tech to add some features to Mk6 golf (add navigation to the MFD after I installed RNS510 and also whatever other features I can get going with my car).

Is there anywhere in Australia to buy these from or as if I’ve read in other forums, it’s recommended to try find someone with one and ask them for a hand. I’m located in Brisbane if someone is willing to give me a hand for $$$ or carton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Yunza; 05-11-2020 at 08:28 PM.

Users Country Flag
    You want to buy one ($450) or get someone to do a few little mods for you??????? Suggest the latter if you arent at all familiar with them
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 06-11-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    You want to buy one ($450) or get someone to do a few little mods for you Suggest the latter if you arent at all familiar with them
    Thanks for your help man, really appreciated

Users Country Flag
    They aren't cheap, so if it's just a handful of things you want to do, check out the forums for what's possible then get someone to lend a hand to get you going.

With a Mk6 you can use the older HEX+CAN does everything you want, if also have newer vehicles, or want to plan for the future, then the newer HEX-NET cables are for you.

The older cables are floating about as people upgrade to the newer ones, so keep an eye out. If you look to the newer ones, be sure you're aware of the difference between personal (10 VINs) and Professional (Unlimited VINs) and what they could mean for you in the future.

The other alternative is OBD11 if you have an Android device, not something I have looked into personally, but people have it and seem to like it.

Bottom line, do you want to be doing stuff with your car in future, or is this it? Also remember that cheap OBD adaptors might not be able to do all the changes, but they can still read and clear codes if all you want is to be able to scan for errors from time to time.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    PM me when you are ready (as in after you installed the RNS510 unless you need help with that too) and I can help you. I have VCDS suitable for the MK6.

This reminds me, I really need to upgrade my VCDS as 2 modules on my MY19 Golf R cannot be read with my HEX+CAN
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Why I suggested what I did is because seems the OP has no experience with any of them and while everyone has to start somewhere it is better to watch someone do a few things and have it explained, rather than rip in and cause yourself problems.
    I remember early on in my experience I got another person to do something and we changed the wrong thing and hadnt saved original settings. Never did find out what it did but didnt seem to affect anything but was a foolish thing to do OBDELEVEN hasnt got much on Golf Mk 6 as is oriented to the MQB platform
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Really appreciate your help guys, before this thread everything online was confusing or overseas. Thanks again!