Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Best number plate / plate holder style

Best number plate / plate holder style

Hi everyone...

My GTI has been ordered with the aussie slimline number plates. But I'm wondering if that's the best option, and if I should change to one of the euro plates instead. I'm hearing that the front bumper has a big black number plate holder designed for european plates, so wouldn't one of those aussie slimline plates look a bit silly?

I think the main options are:
    - standard size euro plate (520mm wide x 112mm high)
    - mini euro plate (372mm wide x 100mm high).
    - aussie slimline plate (also 372mm x 100mm high).

My guess is that the standard size euro plate would be a snug fit for the black number plate holder. And I'm beginning to sway toward this option, but I'm still not sure.

To be honest, I'm not really fussed about the euro plate itself, I just want it to look good. So, I'm interested in hearing your opinions. If your an owner what option did you go for? If anyone has any pics that'd be great too!

Hi Mobster
    The wife wants slim line number plates on the GTI when it comes ,I'm not to fussed so I said I have an idea for a plate GTI MLF then I ran

Cheers

I personally don't like those big white euro plates either. But they are only the one fit the black plate holder on GTI. So I might just leave the standard aussie plate on it.

I like black slime line plates .... but when I traded in my black 118TSI and dealer transfer that (slim line black) plates to carbon steel GTI ... something was wrong (it was to much of that black plate holder)

When I realised that plate holder is not possible to remove I just ordered euro plates .... not happy with white colour but they are fitting perfectly
    MY16 GTI 40

Users Country Flag
    Go for the one with the least visible lettering, that way, it's hard for them to identify your car on the speed camera!

Quote Originally Posted by MIRSAD View Post
    When I realised that plate holder is not possible to remove I just ordered euro plates .... not happy with white colour but they are fitting perfectly
    The euro plates come in black too, but sadly they're only available for personalised plates...
    http://www.vplates.com.au/euro-plates/

Quote Originally Posted by GolfAtom View Post
    Go for the one with the least visible lettering, that way, it's hard for them to identify your car on the speed camera!
    haha, Yeah good point!

Anyone got a pic of the slimline sitting on the big front bumper plate holder?

[QUOTE=mobster;444118]The euro plates come in black too, but sadly they're only available for personalised plates...

Not in Western Australia

http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licen...lates/1401.asp
    MY16 GTI 40

Users Country Flag
    The black Euro plates in NSW are smaller / slimline at the front. ie; the ONLY plates you can fit to a GTI are the big fat white Euro to fill the black plate holder.

MIRSAD, have you actually looked at removing the plate holder? Does it leave big gaping holes in the bumper (if you wanted to affix a slimline plate directly to the bumper)
    2019 BMW M3 CS

I have a slimline on the front. Just have to get a photo of it when I get the chance.

Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast