Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adaptive Cruise Control for GTI and GTD

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by ctan View Post
    I guess my question is - Can Adaptive Cruise Control be retrofitted on the Golf by the local dealer? Can this be purchased after market? Any updates on this?
    No to all questions... except maybe aftermarket, but haven't heard of anyone having done so, or even seen any kit available.

Users Country Flag
    ACC will stop the car if the car your behind gradually comes to a stop it should then take off on its own but not after 15 seconds and resume the set speed chosen, ACC will not stop in an emergency will only apply a brake pressure which will gradually build up the closer to impact and will warn driver with dong's from dash brake pedal will also vibrate. In the end it's an assistant which is brilliant for highway driving even works well around some city roads. These are just some of the features of ACC buyer should look into all other functions, Highly recommended!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grtuned View Post
    ACC will stop the car if the car your behind gradually comes to a stop it should then take off on its own but not after 15 seconds and resume the set speed chosen, ACC will not stop in an emergency will only apply a brake pressure which will gradually build up the closer to impact and will warn driver with dong's from dash brake pedal will also vibrate. In the end it's an assistant which is brilliant for highway driving even works well around some city roads. These are just some of the features of ACC buyer should look into all other functions, Highly recommended!!!!!
    Which is why I am so interested in this option, maybe a deciding factor in whether to get a Passat instead of a Golf when my lease is up. Don't get me wrong, love the Golf but the ACC would just be too tempting because I do mostly highway driving.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2014 GTI PP/Pure White/DAP+Leather
    2010 TSI 118/DSG/Reflex Silver/SP+ACC/Sunroof/Dyna/MDI/SatNav /PA+RVC

Users Country Flag
    my choice is CC 220kw vr motor awsome!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctan View Post
    Which is why I am so interested in this option, maybe a deciding factor in whether to get a Passat instead of a Golf when my lease is up. Don't get me wrong, love the Golf but the ACC would just be too tempting because I do mostly highway driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey_R View Post
    Especially in combination with the CC's "Lane Assist"...

"Look ma, no hands or feet"
    5FWD - VW Phaeton Team Test video from Fifth Gear - Skip to about the 2minute mark

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123