Support VWWC

Thread: ABS Hydraulic pump replacement Advice!!

Unhappy ABS Hydraulic pump replacement Advice!!

Car is a 2009 MK6 Golf GTI

So had a "Brake fault Error" come up on the display a few days ago and after a scan got the following

01276 "ABS Hydraulic pump malfunction - intermittent"
    01130 "ABS operation not a plausible signal"

Been checking RossTech and other places and I think it might be the ABS pump. Now these are hella expensive from the dealership so I was going to get a secondhand unit as they are on all MK5 and MK6 golf GTI's.

The problem is they have to be programmed to the car to work, has anyone had any luck getting a second hand unit to work in their car and reprogrammed?

Is there software you can get to reprogrammed or take it somewhere to get it done?

Any other ideas of other things to check would be great.

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    I'd say that's a pretty rare failure on the Mk6. With all of the members on here (and I owned a Mk6 GTI and Mk6 R) im not sure ive ever heard of the ABS pump failing.

With that in mind you should be pretty safe to fit a 2nd hand one, just try and find the newest/lowest km version you can with the same part number. Im sure any coding that might need to be done can be done with VCDS or OBD11. We have several forum members in Brisbane who are always willing to lend a hand with coding in return for a 6 pack.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Just found this - same issue same car: Abs dash light code 01276
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    I'd say that's a pretty rare failure on the Mk6. With all of the members on here (and I owned a Mk6 GTI and Mk6 R) im not sure ive ever heard of the ABS pump failing.

With that in mind you should be pretty safe to fit a 2nd hand one, just try and find the newest/lowest km version you can with the same part number. Im sure any coding that might need to be done can be done with VCDS or OBD11. We have several forum members in Brisbane who are always willing to lend a hand with coding in return for a 6 pack.
    Thanks for the reply - Time to get on the tools

Users Country Flag
    Just be aware that the ABS coding is involved and not well documented (it encodes the VIN and lots of other features).
    Make sure you get a copy of your ABS long coding from your original unit before removing it to save a lot of time and hassle.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Just be aware that the ABS coding is involved and not well documented (it encodes the VIN and lots of other features).
    Make sure you get a copy of your ABS long coding from your original unit before removing it to save a lot of time and hassle.
    Will do, cheers

So I have been have been trying to diagnose things a bit more and have some more info to add.

If I run a full scan on the car with my foot on the brake then I just get one error code on the car

01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded

As soon as I take my foot off the brake after starting i get 3 beeps and the brake error on the MFD.

Then if I drive the car I end up with the following codes

01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
    01276 - ABS Hydraulic Pump -V64 Malfunction
    01130 - ABS Operation Not a plausible signal

I think the next thing is to get the car scanned, even if its to just get the long code for the abs module.

Anyone local to Brisbane able to scan my car with VCDS?