Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 30,000KM Servicing Costs.

i tell my mechanic to rotate tyres every service anyway to help prolong tyre life. its a basic thing to do to even out wear
    2011 cw golf gti 3dr man-tint-rear cargo mat-weathershields-bluetooth-mdi-19" oz racing ultra leggera-mcgard lockbolts-boston acoustic pro60se-jl audio xd700/5-jl audio bass tube bb-w060p- titanium exhaust tips-eibach custom pro-kit-OPS-OSIR cf mirror covers and cf front lip-dieselgeek short shifter

Users Country Flag
    quoted in Adelaide 500
    GTI carbon steel g, leather, mdi, A.C.C., park parallel assist & RVC, dynaudio, sunroof, R-tails, RNS510, 9WZ, LED reg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by walbjj View Post
    i tell my mechanic to rotate tyres every service anyway to help prolong tyre life. its a basic thing to do to even out wear
    Yes, if you like that. I personally hate having my tyres rotated and would much rather monitor the fronts myself, and then just change the two of them at once and save a packet of cash.

Tyre rotation is big in the US and Aus but does not seem to happen much at all in Europe. Guess it's history and personal preference.
    2010 R36 (MY10.5), Biscay Blue, RNS510, MDI, Electric tailgate, sunroof, Superchips remap - SOLD
    2016 Octavia VRS wagon, moon white, Tech Pack, 18" black pack, electric boot, panoramic sunroof, Bluefin

Solitaire SA 599
    for GTI
    His: Golf6 5door GTI DSG Carbon Sunroof MDI and 18" Drag rims + sticker that gives extra horse power
    Hers: Skoda Kodiaq Tech/Lux pack and sunroof

Not sure what logic ur using when u say "save a packet of cash", Rotating the fronts and rear will promote even tyre use, plus I are monitoring all 4 tyres. Whereas If u just keep running the fronts then ur left with worn fronts and partially worn rears. Safety could be compromised, and the. When u get new tyres, u have 2 new fronts with the same partially worn rears
    I can't say how much distance u get from regularly rotating all tyres, but I think a case could be made that u will get more out of rotating all 4 as opposed to never rotating. Plus it's no effort as the mechanic will have the car up every service so it takes only a few minutes. But as u said, If u like that

Quote Originally Posted by slipshot View Post
    Yes, if you like that. I personally hate having my tyres rotated and would much rather monitor the fronts myself, and then just change the two of them at once and save a packet of cash.

Tyre rotation is big in the US and Aus but does not seem to happen much at all in Europe. Guess it's history and personal preference.
    2011 cw golf gti 3dr man-tint-rear cargo mat-weathershields-bluetooth-mdi-19" oz racing ultra leggera-mcgard lockbolts-boston acoustic pro60se-jl audio xd700/5-jl audio bass tube bb-w060p- titanium exhaust tips-eibach custom pro-kit-OPS-OSIR cf mirror covers and cf front lip-dieselgeek short shifter

Plus tyres can deteriorate with age, regardless of wear or use. Some would say a tyre may have passed its useful life after about five years.

So it would be better to rotate, even out the wear and replace all 4 at same time.
    2011 Mk6 GTI | CW | DSG | Bi-Xenon | GIAC | APR TBE | THS FMIC | Modshack

Users Country Flag
    i constantly monitor my tyres, rotate when necessary and will ensure that they get worn evenly and all 4 die at the same time (in fact i try my best to kill them soon), to give way for new 4 FRESH GRIPPY tyres

but some people like and prefer for their tyres to last forever (until an emergency stop) :p

Users Country Flag
    Just had 30k service at Burwin Knox city: paid $546, including $25 fuel levy for the loan car. Not very happy since they didn't bother vacuuming / washing my car, that was however part of the first service.

I'm due in a few weeks for a service. I'm thinking about going back to the dealer for the 30,000km service. However, since the 15,000km service, I'd added some APR goodies to the car.

Anyone here gone back to the dealer for servicing with a modified Mk6?

Users Country Flag

You will be OK.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast