Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 15,000km Service Cost from Each Dealer Outlined

Users Country Flag

This will be an interesting exercise when mine falls due.... only at 2450 at present.....

The 3 dealers closest to me are ALL owned by the same franchise.....
    Guess I can ring north and south as well to check pricing....
    Greg
    2015 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by gr33nbastad View Post
    well done on the pricing - i would really love to know why these services differ in prices! Fixed time, fixed parts, where are they adding the fat?
    Different locations (different customers etc), different costs (rent etc), different services (car washes, loan cars, waiting rooms, courtesy buses all don't pay for themselves), different businesses (different hourly rates) and so forth.

I'd rather pay a price that is based on local factors than some fixed price and subsidise other locations. The differences in costs between different dealers is bugger all at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    This will be an interesting exercise when mine falls due.... only at 2450 at present.....

The 3 dealers closest to me are ALL owned by the same franchise.....
    Guess I can ring north and south as well to check pricing....
    Wish mine was still at 2450 lol, I'm up at 6080 after 5.5 months

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Different locations (different customers etc), different costs (rent etc), different services (car washes, loan cars, waiting rooms, courtesy buses all don't pay for themselves), different businesses (different hourly rates) and so forth.

I'd rather pay a price that is based on local factors than some fixed price and subsidise other locations. The differences in costs between different dealers is bugger all at the end of the day.
    Yeah, I've heard of people driving to Gelong to get their car serviced to save $40

would cost half that in fuel not taking into consideration any value put on the time.

I go to the closest dealer to the house, where i also bought from, and they look after me.
    currrently... MY10 GTI | DSG | Candy White | Sunroof | 18's | BT | MDI
    previously... MY08 GT TDI | DSG | Reflex Silver | Sunroof

I got mine booked at Chatswood for 430! Don't think that is a very good price, but just bcoz I work near the place it is easy for me to drop the car and pick. Does any one have any idea how much it will cost when services with Sydney metro dealers? Mine is a118 TSI, 15K service.

Quote Originally Posted by nicandlance View Post
    Maybe you could remind the dealer of this (that you purchased the car through them) when you book it in..... hinting for a discount.... They can only say No - it might be worth a try!
    Off topic.... can we see a pic of lance?

Booked in for the 15,000KM service at of the 118tsi at Penrith Volkswagen (Nepean Motor Group).

Cost is $350.

It was originally booked in at Denlo Parramatta which was going to be $430.

Nicer drive out to Penrith as well

Quote Originally Posted by Syd118TSI View Post
    Booked in for the 15,000KM service at of the 118tsi at Penrith Volkswagen (Nepean Motor Group).

Cost is $350.

It was originally booked in at Denlo Parramatta which was going to be $430.

Nicer drive out to Penrith as well
    Yeah...$345 in Jan for 15K on 118TSI at Penrith....plus free breakfast if you want to wait. Get's my thumbs up.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Yeah...$345 in Jan for 15K on 118TSI at Penrith....plus free breakfast if you want to wait. Get's my thumbs up.
    You both could of saved over $100 by going to Camden GTI, it only takes 1 hr .

Users Country Flag

Anyone want to share where the best and cheapest place in Sydney for an R is..?
    2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

2017 MY17 TIGUAN HIGHLINE - 5DR | DSG | PEARL BLACK | SUNROOF + DAP |

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast