Support VWWC

Thread: New member - written off 9n3 gti

New member - written off 9n3 gti

G'day all,

New member on the forums - unfortunate event has led me to sign up.

Recently had my 9n3 gti rear ended and written off - major damage being being rear rail and left rear qtr panel.

As such, intending on scouring the forums to determine if I should buy it back and part it out to those in need or repair it and use as a cheap 'track' car to learn in- any advice welcome!

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    In my experience the items that have made me money when wrecking Polo's are aftermarket bits eg intercoolers, inlets, dump pipes, exhausts, coilovers, anti roll bars etc. Of the standard parts, turbos, exhaust manifolds, front seats, dash if its not split, head units if original, rear view mirrors, door lock mechanisms, door cards, AC compressors, wheels if in good knick, they’ll all fetch you some dollar and are in demand.
    Engines and gearboxes can get you money but they aren’t needed by the public that often so you may end up sitting on them for a while.
    I say strip it out, set it up to do sprints etc and you’ll have more fun than pulling it to bits. You'll get a lot of help on here to do it too.

Awesome - really appreciate the reply!
    Yeh i'm thinking the same thing, I don't really want to part it as I would like to see it live on in some form
    So may just strip and sell the interior for the moment