Thread: I'm back again.

Users Country Flag

I'm back again.

I've been away from the forum for quite a while due to extended overseas travel
    and a year in Covid lockdown. Unfortunately my T4 didn't make it through. It finally went to God this week. With a stroke of luck the same day i found a T5 on Gumtree. 2009 Multivan TDI automatic, mechanically perfect and drives like a dream. The only faults are a couple of dings and the headlining needs replacing. At the price i got it for it was more than worth it. The only other hassle is that when i checked out the seats i put down the rear bench
    seat and now it only goes halfway back up. ( it's a seven seater ) If anyone knows
    an easy fix it would be appreciated.

Anyway, it's good to be back. Pida.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    After an exhaustive month, a mechanic discovered that a 26cm cable under the rear seat ( looking from the rear on the driver side under the middle seat ) was broken. Once replaced, it allowed the seat to be lifted to the sitting position and also allowed the seat to be moved forward and back with the seat back lowered in the forward position. The cable cost just under $60:00 and was fitted free.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Oops, double posted.
    Last edited by Pida; 21-02-2021 at 04:32 PM.