Support VWWC

Thread: 2018 VW Golf 7.5 TSI110 - EA211 Squealing sound From engine accelerating under load.

2018 VW Golf 7.5 TSI110 - EA211 Squealing sound From engine accelerating under load.

Car has done about 50K kms.
    Hit some debris on the road at speed six months ago, damaged sump cover and had oil pressure gauge(?) at bottom of engine replaced. All insurance work. Car seemed fine after fix.

Lately, maybe two moths ago, a metallic squealing sound has begun coming from the engine bay while accelerating at a moderate pace. Lasts only for a second or two. It happens while on an incline, coming out of a corner or with some extra bodies in the car; under load. No loss of power, just this squeal.
    Taken it to the dealer, and they confirmed the noise. Ran some tests but have been unable to find the problem.
    Car is under warranty and insurance guarantees lifetime warranty on fix.

Could this be related to accident, or is this something else?
    Took another mechanic friend for test drive. He heard it too, but not sure what it is.

Made a visit to the local VW dealer. As expected the clutch of the DSG will be replaced under warranty.

Users Country Flag

Yup, unfortunately despite any assertions by VW, the inherent DSG issues (on the 7spd dryclutch fitted to Golfs and Polos) have NOT been fixed. It still is a ticking timebomb, you just have to hope it happens whilst the car is under warranty and not after. Probably should move it on when the warranty expires ...
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...