Support VWWC - everywhere else

• 2010 Sees Volkswagen Smash All-Time Australian Sales Record

Volkswagen Group Australia has reached new heights with its all-time sales record for the last 46 years being outperformed considerably last year.

Overall sales for the Volkswagen brand in Australia came to a total of 38,016 vehicles (32,542 Passenger Vehicles, 5,474 Commercial Vehicles). 1964’s record of 31,419 total sales for Volkswagen was exceeded by 6,597 vehicles.

Year-on-year figures also look promising with a total increase of 26.4% (2009 sales: 30,087).

Volkswagen Group Australia Managing Director, Anke Koeckler, is very pleased with the result: “2010’s great sales result is a true reflection of a successful product range as well as our great dealer network and head office staff. I am confident that 2011 will be another great year for the Volkswagen brand with exciting new models to hit Australian shores.”

On top of record total sales, Volkswagen also achieved record results for four key models.

The sixth generation Golf having gone from strength to strength since its release in early 2009 achieved a new record high of 15,425 sales in 2010. The Golf, while clearly the most successful model in the range, was amply supported by the growth in sales of the Tiguan and new Polo.

The Tiguan achieved a new sales record of 6,216, while Polo increased by 127.6% year-on-year with a new all-time best result of 3,195 pointing at a promising future for the new Polo, which only entered the market in April last year.

Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles also performed well in a challenging climate for the light commercial vehicle sector. The Caddy range achieved an all-time record with 2243 vehicles sold in 2010 after receiving late last year.

The popular Transporter saw solid growth with 1,804 units (2009 sales: 1,466), an increase of 23.1% year-on-year. The growth in sales highlights the success of the first quarter model update and the introduction of new engine variants.
    Comments 1 Comment
      anthony -
      Unfortunatly,I do not have access to the monthly Australian figures anymore,as the FCAI are greedy,and I will not pay to get their reports.

Wish I could see a breakdown of all models in the range...

I beleive most models improved their figures locally in 2010,except the Eos,which lost a few sales,and went backwards...
| |