PDA

View Full Version : stereo help. few Q's

tassie_euro_mk1
06-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Ok so I put my new speakers in the VR6. wired them straight up to the head unit.
I have the original vw eurovox headunit in the car. It has a eurovox 10 disc stacker in the boot. I think the stacker is usefull and would love to keep it.

But there is a problem. The vw headunit cant power the speakers. (things are never easy). Bass...forget about it.

So. Im looking at alpine head units. Would my eurovox stacker plug into todays headunits?
I cant run an amp from my oem radio can I?

tassie_euro_mk1
13-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Cant anyone help me out please?

I bought myself a used alpine headunit CDM-9801. Comes in black so it suits the VR. Great little oldie while I save up for a sweet HU in the future. The future HU will be alpine.

The plug from the eurovox stacker doesnt connect to the HU. Is there a plug that connects to the end of the stacker lead and adapts to the alpine HU?
Or do I need to get an alpine stacker?

Also what have you guys down with the electic ariel when installing aftermarket HU?

Any help would be great.
Cheers guys

ScienceVR6
13-11-2007, 07:24 PM
i belive you will have t get an alpine stacker.

As for electric antennas, just hook it up to the blue wire.

tassie_euro_mk1
13-11-2007, 07:26 PM
i belive you will have t get an alpine stacker.

As for electric antennas, just hook it up to the blue wire.

Thanx. Im such a dumb a** when it comes to audio...

ScienceVR6
13-11-2007, 07:41 PM
no worries, any other q's, let us know.

What speakers did you get?

While i am also just using the headunit to power my speakers these days, it is true, you not get any bass out of speakers just off the deck. while you will get some if you turn the bass up, you wont be able to turn the volume up very loud without distortion.

I am almost about to refit my amp couse im sick of the distortion.

tassie_euro_mk1
13-11-2007, 08:05 PM
While i am also just using the headunit to power my speakers these days, it is true, you not get any bass out of speakers just off the deck. while you will get some if you turn the bass up, you wont be able to turn the volume up very loud without distortion.

Are you talking about the OEM headunit? cos thats what I have currently in and yea. its lame.
Putting in the alpine one 2moro. Should be better shouldnt it?

I have 6 1/2" alpine coaxial Type R speakers

MattyT
15-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Depending on the HU's specs (too lazy to look it up) it should be able to throw an ok ammount of power at the speakers. It wont be anything like a standalone amp, but it'll be okay for coax's at least.

I used to have an older alphine HU with some 6x9s in my old car. No amp but could make one hell of a racket! Very impressive for just a HU.

If they were splits though, that'd be a different story.

Yes you will probably need to pick up an old alpine stacker. Alpine uses a propreitry link between its HU's and stackers. Vague memory says there are adaptors out there, but I'm not sure.

BlackVr6ix
16-11-2007, 07:50 AM
you wont find a alpine to europox adaptor, alpines AI-net is a carefully guarded secret and as such any and all interfaces are generally pulled off the marker VERY quickly.

what i can suggest is to try and find the RF controller for your model stacker, it would mean transmitting the sound via FM radio but would "possibly" be cheaper than buying a alpine stacker.

MattyT
16-11-2007, 09:32 PM
But it will sound poop. Buy an alpine stacker.

16-11-2007, 09:52 PM
His Alpine HU isn't AI-NET though, it's the older M-BUS (model number gives it away - eg CDM-9801 is M-BUS and my CDA-9855R is AI-NET)

Keep and eye out on ebay, $200 will get you an AI-NET stacker these days so no doubt the older models will be cheaper (perhaps more dodgy too!)

BlackVr6ix
17-11-2007, 08:01 AM
I didnt even see the model number, sorry. even still you are better off saving your $$ and getting a headunit that solves all your "problems".

tassie_euro_mk1
17-11-2007, 05:56 PM
thanks for the info guys. Very helpful :D

ill be keeping an eye out for the stacker.

slow progress but its all getting there. :)

cheers