PDA

View Full Version : TAS: The Much Anticipated 'Valver Christening Cruise'

mikinoz
24-05-2006, 08:18 PM
As it is looking so nice and 'near' complete - time to plan a christening!

I think that we have it somewhere warm, where we can park our cars indoors if it is cold/wet...

When is it going to be ready Stu?

Mick

Valver.
25-05-2006, 06:49 AM
Haha, it'll be finished on the 14th after I have an electrician finish up and check over the wiring - want to make sure it's safe after knowing far too many cars that have gone up in flames :!:

So a couple weeks and I want to take it for a run up the west coast. Leaving very early, though, to avoid Mr Plod, who I'm thinking isn't going to be the biggest fan of this car :lol: :oops:

gtimk5
25-05-2006, 07:12 AM
Watch those wallabies Ste :o wie!!

Valver.
25-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Watch those wallabies Ste :o wie!!

Haha! Yep, that could be an issue - maybe I can follow your car and it can collect them for me :lol:

static1800
25-05-2006, 09:51 AM
I think that we have it somewhere warm, where we can park our cars indoors if it is cold/wet...

So your not going to have it in Tassie or victoria then?? :lol:
Its actually been freezing here the last couple of days. Back to topic should be a good trip, your car is looking spectacular.

gtimk5
25-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Ha valver! Hate to hit one in the GTI, would be very expensive. I'm flat out replacing damaged tyres on the thing, a wallaby would just about do it for me as it would for you after all that work. Good job mate :D

mikinoz
25-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Ha valver! Hate to hit one in the GTI, would be very expensive. I'm flat out replacing damaged tyres on the thing, a wallaby would just about do it for me as it would for you after all that work. Good job mate :D

It is ok, to save you boys fighting over it, I will go first in convoy - probe for wallaby, police and ICE!

I also have previous experience hitting them and know how to repair the damage cheaply...

So count me in! :D

I will also bring a tow-rope for you valver, just in case something goes wrong... ;)

gtimk5
25-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Bugger Mick! Where were you when I was leading the Buckland run?! Have you run into a police car before? :D :D :D Will talk about Saturday with you tomorrow?

mikinoz
25-05-2006, 08:14 PM
I have not run into the police with a result of financial detriment and point accumulation - but have had a couple of run ins though.

As for tomorrow, I am not sure if I am going to get out there early enough to have a beer and collect the goods... but I will try to get there! SMS reply on the way :)

Valver.
26-05-2006, 06:51 AM
I nearly smashed the car at 12am this morning :evil: :twisted: :evil: Trying to fit the massive rear swaybar has been a nightmare as it's near impossible to access one of the bolts under the fuel tank. It says in the install guide: "Tightening right side mount bracket may prove difficult without removing the rear axle from the vehicle" :roll: The mounts are stupidly tight... and I refuse to drop the axle "again" :lol: ah well, I'll have to get back out there in a minute having had a sleep!!

Picking up the in-car gear shifter plates today so I can finalise the gearbox swap inside :)

gtimk5
26-05-2006, 07:24 AM
What brand of bar is that Stewie.? Have a good rest mate & all will be clearer then :D

Valver.
26-05-2006, 09:03 AM
What brand of bar is that Stewie.? Have a good rest mate & all will be clearer then :D

It's a 28mm hollow Autotech one so a bit of an animal... especially to fit :twisted: