PDA

View Full Version : mk 7 sunroof

genez
05-09-2014, 03:46 PM
Hi guys, for those of you who ticked the panoramic sunroof option for your mk7 golf, any issue with the visor for the sunroof being see through? Do you still get a lot of glare from it?

GT1977
05-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Hardly any (I'd be happy to say none). To really notice, you have to be looking straight up, which isn't recommended when you are driving! You can also have the screen closed with the roof open which still gives fresh air, without the sunburn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

adhock
06-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Only when we first got it, in early March 40 degrees outside. Then it got a little toasty despite all efforts. Since then no worries. Main hassle is leaves and stuff getting caught in between the glass roof and the mesh screen when you park under a tree with the glass slightly open to let hot air escape. Yet to figure out how to get such bits out properly, so be warned. Haven't had a bird christen the mesh yet, thankfully ;)

NCGR1
08-09-2014, 12:52 AM
.....when you park under a tree with the glass slightly open to let hot air escape....

Where I am located it is never wise to leave the vehicle with the SR open in any way as the interior gets dusty/gritty and you can never get it clean again. I see no benefit to having it open, as the entire interior can stand up to any heat/sun exposure nature can put out.

adhock
08-09-2014, 03:22 PM
^^ don't have the grit/dust problem, so a small crack remains a viable keep-it-a-bit-cool option, thus avoiding the yowl factor when bare leg touches very hot leather.

RoddyB
13-09-2014, 02:14 PM
Hi all I've ordered a Highline TSI with the Pano roof. Has anyone fitted roof racks ? I know i probably sounds like a contradiction
I surf/SUP regularly so... when I ordered the sunroof I wanted to confirm it could take racks (and still operate!) Don't want to take them on and off
The dealer /accesories bloke assured me it would however it seems all their evidence comes from a photo on the VW Golf site that shows a Mk7 with the Pano roof and racks!
Hoping someone might have some more practical experience?

i286
14-09-2014, 10:31 AM
Hi all I've ordered a Highline TSI with the Pano roof. Has anyone fitted roof racks ? I know i probably sounds like a contradiction
I surf/SUP regularly so... when I ordered the sunroof I wanted to confirm it could take racks (and still operate!) Don't want to take them on and off
The dealer /accesories bloke assured me it would however it seems all their evidence comes from a photo on the VW Golf site that shows a Mk7 with the Pano roof and racks!
Hoping someone might have some more practical experience?

A bloke from another forum has one fitted and apparently roof can be opened as well.

VWVortex.com - OEM GTI Roof Rack w/ Fork Mount [Pics] (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7006958-OEM-GTI-Roof-Rack-w-Fork-Mount-Pics)

RoddyB
15-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Thanks 1286 , that was a good find! Sounds like the OEM Racks will work fine with the Pano roof.
Cheers!..:smile: